Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change of season
10-12-2010, 07:51 PM
RE: Change of season
[/quote]
LOL! I didn't say that anything happened. However, when someone who is not normally a repairman, takes the time to learn how to replace the wax ring on the toilet (because your son shoves 13 Hotwheels and a plastic boat in the drain), I was impressed!
[/quote]
That's what bothers me about owning a house, having to make repairs because of previous owners. I can plaster, I can paint, and I can change light bulbs. Anything more technical requires a repairman!
Then there's buying new, and dealing with defects in workmanship, while the construction company decides if it's their fault, or an act of God.
All of this is a lot to think about.
However, I'm tired of living under someone else's rules, with a parking space in which my car barely fits(because the neighbors park right on the line), and listening to other people's noise day and night.
There's a lot to think about.Huh

Rules. We have rules.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Toilets have wax rings? How kinkySmile

Don't talk smack about Total!!
10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Wax Rings? WHAT?!?!?! When did this happen? That IS a bit "personal" idn't it? Tongue

For You Steve & Monica - Your Love will forever shine on in our hearts!!!

[Image: monicasteve.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2010, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2010 09:29 PM by Bageleth.)
(10-12-2010 08:20 PM)boomer Wrote:  Wax Rings? WHAT?!?!?! When did this happen? That IS a bit "personal" idn't it? Tongue

I have yet to get personal, LOL! And I don't plan to ever get THAT personal, LOL!

"Welcome to 'Toilet Talk', where the topics go down the drain"
LOL! I didn't say that anything happened. However, when someone who is not normally a repairman, takes the time to learn how to replace the wax ring on the toilet (because your son shoves 13 Hotwheels and a plastic boat in the drain), I was impressed!
[/quote]
That's what bothers me about owning a house, having to make repairs because of previous owners. I can plaster, I can paint, and I can change light bulbs. Anything more technical requires a repairman!
Then there's buying new, and dealing with defects in workmanship, while the construction company decides if it's their fault, or an act of God.
All of this is a lot to think about.
However, I'm tired of living under someone else's rules, with a parking space in which my car barely fits(because the neighbors park right on the line), and listening to other people's noise day and night.
There's a lot to think about.Huh
[/quote]

There are pros and cons of owning vs. renting. Like you, I can paint, plaster, change bulbs and my husband can replace faucets and install toilets. However, neither of us have installed floors or repair appliances or a roof. Sure, we aren't living under someone else's rule (such as telling us when to mow the lawn), however, if you have a tree that is constantly dropping apples into your neighbor's yard, then you get to deal with the ticked off neighbor who thinks that you have the money to remove the offending tree etc. If we were renting, then the neighbor can deal with the landlord. In our case, we've been homeowners long enough to experience the cons, and we know what we are capable of and what we aren't (at this time). So we're looking to rent.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
10-12-2010, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2010 02:45 AM by Neilbubbachuck.)
Well, "my poor me" additude the last couple of days since I resigned from my job is over. Now I have a mission. I have to survive economically. I'm sure the nice people at my bank won't be impressed for long if I don't pay my loans.
I love a challenge and I get real focused and fired up when faced with one. So my life is good now that I am re-challenged.
Therefore, onto First things first. A "Status check", My relationship with God and then family is fine. They aren't going anywhere. After a rough season, I check the foundation. And all is good. So onto the challenge.

Well I have spent an entire day behind my computer researching various "businesses" in and out
of NYS. Finding contacts, addresses, directions and other data. I have circumstances where I must be hired within one year in my chosen field. Mostly due to certification issues.
Secondly, My brother (the smarter one) and I put together a killer resume. That process took three hours. Don't laugh, have you tried to do one in the last 20 years? I mailed those to the 16 or 17 different prospects.
I already got a call to interview for a job that I didn't even apply for or send a resume too. It's a drug rehab! Cool, I'll interview for it. Ya never know. It's really not what I want to do, but maybe what I want to do isn't what I'm suppose to be doing. What a buzz kill!

My loved ones say I need a hair cut? How dare theyWink

Report to follow.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
10-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Stay frosty my man. Keep a pma eh. Been thru this a time or two in my life, and finally landed a job where I have some sense of security.

"Nice" people? At a bank?

10-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey, hey , hey not all of us that work at a bank are "Evil"..... Ok so maybe I can't vouch for the loan department people, but us on the teller line are pretty amicable.

If you can't play by OUR rules take your toys and go home!! [Image: rulez.gif]
10-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Tellers are great people - they GIVE you money. Loan Officers - they take money. Tellers good.....loan officers bad.

Tellers are usually better looking anyways!

10-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Before time flipped the page of change, my wife an I actually enjoyed repairing and improving our home. We plan on buying soon as we sell, being of the same nature, not liking living under another's rules. As of lately I feel like I am surfing on the edge of storm clouds, dancing with madness. A paragon of bizarre rhetorical passages of freighting nonsequacious interruptions in the dissolute hills of my memory. After years of fighting depression I finally realized I needed help and have been seeing a physcologist for a few moths. I have been taking Citalopram being on of lucky ones, I suppose it has helped... but not enough. I have a hard time stringing words together, when once upon a time they flowed...

I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph
10-17-2010, 11:15 AM
(10-17-2010 10:38 AM)Lamb Chop Wrote:  Before time flipped the page of change, my wife an I actually enjoyed repairing and improving our home. We plan on buying soon as we sell, being of the same nature, not liking living under another's rules. As of lately I feel like I am surfing on the edge of storm clouds, dancing with madness. A paragon of bizarre rhetorical passages of freighting nonsequacious interruptions in the dissolute hills of my memory. After years of fighting depression I finally realized I needed help and have been seeing a physcologist for a few moths. I have been taking Citalopram being on of lucky ones, I suppose it has helped... but not enough. I have a hard time stringing words together, when once upon a time they flowed...

I feel for your struggle with depression. I have quite a few friends and loved ones who are currently in the battle, or who have battled it in the past. Sometimes medication helps, sometimes only time can help.

As for the house, I've decided to go for it, after another "note of the week" from the management company. The rules change every week here, now I'm just waiting for spring to come, so I'll have my down payment and can start shopping!

Rules. We have rules.