Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buffalo Burgers
04-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Buffalo Burgers
I just have not been able to look at a cow the same. Buffalo has won my heart. Here's my favorite way to put one together:

*Buffalo (wood fire grilled)
*Toasted whole grain bun (I prefer one from a small local bakery)

Here's where it gets a little unusual:

*Your choice of a spicy German mustard with a thin layer of fresh *Wasabi spread over the mustard.
*Sweet relish.
*Fresh cut Sweet Walla Walla onion.
*Lettuce
*Tomato
*Spread a nice even layer of apricot preserves on the other bun (so the wasabi/ mustard is on one side...apricot on the other).
*Finish off with a thick slice of Havarti cheese.

Eat. Wash down with cold beer. Nap. Repeat.

I'm making these tonight, so this is has commanded my attention all afternoon.

Enjoy.

PS - Brutus/ Beta feedback: the bullet point button did not seem to work when I clicked it. Thus, I used the "*" to achieve the same.

"Let's laugh about this together, shall we?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2010, 10:01 AM
RE: Buffalo Burgers
(04-20-2010 05:35 PM)Junefish Wrote:  I just have not been able to look at a cow the same. Buffalo has won my heart. Here's my favorite way to put one together:

*Buffalo (wood fire grilled)
*Toasted whole grain bun (I prefer one from a small local bakery)

Here's where it gets a little unusual:

*Your choice of a spicy German mustard with a thin layer of fresh *Wasabi spread over the mustard.
*Sweet relish.
*Fresh cut Sweet Walla Walla onion.
*Lettuce
*Tomato
*Spread a nice even layer of apricot preserves on the other bun (so the wasabi/ mustard is on one side...apricot on the other).
*Finish off with a thick slice of Havarti cheese.

Eat. Wash down with cold beer. Nap. Repeat.

I'm making these tonight, so this is has commanded my attention all afternoon.

Enjoy.

PS - Brutus/ Beta feedback: the bullet point button did not seem to work when I clicked it. Thus, I used the "*" to achieve the same.
I'll see what I can do about that bullet issue. I find that by composing my recipes in a word doc and the adding the recipe to my post as an attachment works good for me and it keeps the size of the post down and makes it easier to scroll through the forum. I remember how one of my favourite haggis recipes began with, "First you get a sheep." Now all I've got in my head is, "First you get a buffalo."

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
The first time I tried buffalo was the Buffalo Chili served at the Mount Rushmore visitor center, it was excellent. I would like to try it in a burger, sounds good.
04-27-2010, 05:34 PM
(04-21-2010 10:01 AM)Brutus Wrote:  I'll see what I can do about that bullet issue. I find that by composing my recipes in a word doc and the adding the recipe to my post as an attachment works good for me and it keeps the size of the post down and makes it easier to scroll through the forum. I remember how one of my favourite haggis recipes began with, "First you get a sheep." Now all I've got in my head is, "First you get a buffalo."

Ahh, sheep. The Scottish lady of the eveni... Err. Nevermind.

Buffalo's some good eating! There's a buffalo and cheese shop about 20 minutes from home that I've been meaning to stop at. Might just have to get some and give this a go.

BTW, the bullet system worked fine for me. Here's the code to do it:

Code:
[list]
[*]Test1
[*]test2
[*]test3
[/list]

Whallah!
  • Test1
  • test2
  • test3
04-28-2010, 09:31 AM
(04-21-2010 10:01 AM)Brutus Wrote:  I remember how one of my favourite haggis recipes began with, "First you get a sheep."

Brutus, you have a favourite haggis recipe?!?! Does that mean you have a 'less favourite' haggis recipe??Tongue