Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Cars I Remember
10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Cars I Remember
My grandfather had a 1962 Chevy Impala. It was a taupe silver with a red pinstripe. He replaced it with a red 1970 Ford LTD with black interior. I remember my father's 1968 Caddy convertible. It was cream colored I believe with a 454 and he'd drag race it down the boulevard in the Bronx. Years later my mom drove a 1975 gold Duster (what a pig!). My first car was a 1976 Ford Torino with a 351. I briefly owned a 1947 Cadillac Fleetwood. Helped restore it for the next "caretaker." I'd like to think I saved that car. Now I'm drivin' a cream Dodge Charger. It's muscle enough but reliable for work.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2010, 08:28 PM
RE: Cars I Remember
Ooooohhhh a subject near and dear!

One car I can never forget....the '69 Camaro. The one I saw made me a believer because it beat up on my pappy at the dragstrip. Now, for pleasure, I also have an affliction for Mustangs. All of them. Dont know why, but so does my wife. Hmmmm. Anywho, I am still partial to my Harley, but thats nothing a "Red Barchetta" wouldn't solve, eh?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
The day I turned 16 I bought my first car - a 69' Camaro. Small world Boomer.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2010, 09:17 PM
My father had a '63 Stingray when he and my mother were dating. They had an accident that totaled the car. Then my dad bought a '65 Stingray (which my parents brought me home from the hospital in). Then my dad sold that, and bought a '56 Chevy from my aunt (who had bought it from my mother, who had bought it from my grandfather....so it stayed in the family). We had that car for a few years, until my dad sold it and bought a '68 Stingray. He didn't have that car for very long, and then, after that, owned, between then and now, a '68 Riviera, a '68 Thunderbird, a '78 Lincoln Continental, a 79 Lincoln Continental (still has that one), and just last summer, he bought a '96 Corvette. Only in the past 10 years, have my sister and I been able to get away with leaning on the cars, or putting fingerprints (unintentionally) on them without getting reprimanded by our dad.

My first car, was a '76 Chevy Impala. That thing was a boat! I would love to have that '56 Chevy back though!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
10-13-2010, 05:55 AM
My first car was a '71 Catalina...talk about a boat! Then I had a '74 Dart...was the boyfriends (now husband). We have had multiple cars/trucks/vans since then, but I am partial to Camaros. When I finish school, I am going to look into buying a new Camaro. That is if my oldest doesn't find the most expensive University to go to by that time.
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Oh we're talking about first cars? Mine was a '74 Plymouth Satellite Sebring. Thats the good news. Bad news is I sent my wife TO BE the money to buy the car, only when she sent me some pictures of it, she failed to show the right rear of the car. When we finally met back up in Coneticutt, I discovered the panel looked like someone had taken a pipe to it. Oh it drove fine, but when I thought I was getting a muscle car, I got cheeze whiz.

10-13-2010, 08:00 PM
I really love the streamlined of the late 30's, but who the heck could afford one in nice condition?
10-13-2010, 08:59 PM
There was a 30's style car on that Barrett Jackson Auction a few months back....I want to say it was a Dusenberg (sp?) 1938 Coupe. I can picture the darn thing in my head, but just not sure of the exact model - but she sure was a pretty thing!

One of mine is the 1971 Corvette. When my folks adopted my brother and I, my dad had a stack of Hot Rod mags on the table, and on the back was a 71 Vette....with the header pipes down the side, convertible, had a 427 in it 4 speed automatic. My dad took me for a test drive in one, and we had it up over 100 mph.....before he spotted Ol Smokey.

10-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I had a grey 1982 Celica Coupe. It had balls for a four cylinder.
10-14-2010, 07:59 PM
A grey Celica Coupe. Funny, my ex GIRLFIREND had one of those. It had about the same giddyup that my dads Chevette had. When you learn to drive a car with a 350 cu in engine, Holley 1050 Dbl Pumper, Edelbrock heads, tires wide as my backside, Accel Electronic ignition, Moroso racing headers.....a Celica Coupe isn't exactly what I would want to bring to pick up a date.

Then my brother wrecked that car while I was doing my sub duty. 71 Olds Cutlass we sported up to drag race with. He decided to race around Germantown Road in Portland, Oregon....blew the engine and ended up int a ditch. When dad took it to get repaired, the repair shop closed up after they took his $2000 deposit. Golly I miss THAT CAR!