Cars I Remember
10-14-2010, 08:10 PM
RE: Cars I Remember
That's a sad one Boom.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh I give him grief about it all the time. He has got to have nine lioves, because he wrecked three sport motorcycles in a year, rolled a 76 GTO in a near fatal accident, has taken numerous bottles to the head, and was in another near fatal accident in Arizona when his Jeep was broadsided by a big Dodge 4x4. The impact ripped the seat belts out and threw him out of the Jeep. When it came to a stop, it landed on his stomach where where it caused 3rd degree burns over 30% of his body.

I don't have THAT kind of luck!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
10-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Cars I have wanted over the years, and never had the dosh to buy them -
Porsche 911
Lancia Monte Carlo
Mini Metro Turbo
Ford XR3I normal and RS Turbo
Ford Capri 2.81 Special
Opel Manta
MG Midget
Land Rover Defender/County
Saab 900
10-15-2010, 09:49 AM
in remembering the cars of our past, I was thinking about the cars that my kids are going to remember from their childhood:3 mini-vans, a '90 Mercury Grand Marquis (that had a mind of it's own as to when it wanted to start), and a '94 Oldsmobile with the 2/55 AC (with the driver's side window that wouldn't roll down, making it very difficult to go through the drive-thru at Starbucks, and the passenger side window that wouldn't stay up and had to be held closed with duct tape).

A party without cake is really just a meeting
10-15-2010, 10:10 AM
When I was a wee tot my mom drove a Chevy II that looked pretty much like this.

[Image: chevy-ii-parts.jpg]

Even at the tender age of 7 or 8, I knew that I wanted that car.

Alas, mom traded it in years later for a Mercury Bobcat. bleah

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
10-16-2010, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2010 07:56 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
(10-15-2010 10:10 AM)old honda rider Wrote:  When I was a wee tot my mom drove a Chevy II that looked pretty much like this.

[Image: chevy-ii-parts.jpg]

Even at the tender age of 7 or 8, I knew that I wanted that car.

Alas, mom traded it in years later for a Mercury Bobcat. bleah

That looks like a 64 or 65-maybe later. My mom's first car when my father taught her to drive was a 63 Chevy II. It was painted in black primer and frequently stalled, but not near as much as the Plymouth Gold Duster 1975. I'll bet that Chevy II would look great all chromed and mag'd out!
I still want my grandfather's 62' Impala!
10-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Dad had a 61 and a 66 Vet (stingray sounds familiar). I burned my leg on the side pipes on the 66. But I always stuck to the real Truly Hot classic cars. I had a old, loud Granada, brown. Never washed it once. Then there was the light blue Ford LTD. Dad sold that car for $25.00. Bought something called an Opel once. That car really really was the pits and wasn't long before it became a field car. I loved my olds but that didn't last too long. I have a fuzy memory of a Malibu and a Dodge Aries in there somewhere. But then my dream car came after I landed my first real job, a Geo Tracker baby! 4x4. I killed that stupid thing within a year and bought "the war machine", Toyota pickup. It had dents all over the place in it from my neanderthal drunk friends. Anyway moving ahead many nightmares later, I'm driving my Dodge Ram 1500.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
10-17-2010, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2010 11:32 AM by Nettie.)
Cars you say?
My brothers had two wonderful cars, a Charger and a Challenger. The challenger was all fixed and ready to paint, and got hit head on by an old lady in a Thunderbird. Then they go the Charger... a really pretty robin's egg blue. It needed and engine, they put headers on it, fixed the body damage and it too was ready to paint when...it got hit by a different Thunderbird. So my one brother got a Belvedere, and the other got a Chrysler New Yorker. Talk about boats!

I didn't have cool cars. My first was a Plymouth horizon, then a couple of Geo metros(red), and now a Corrolla.
Quote: It was painted in black primer and frequently stalled, but not near as much as the Plymouth Gold Duster 1975. I'll bet that Chevy II would look great all chromed and mag'd out!
I still want my grandfather's 62' Impala.
Did you ever have to get out of that Duster, take off the air filter , and stick a screw driver in it the intake to get it to start?
My parents had a Plymouth wagon that stalled all the time. Guess whose job it was to do the screwdriver thing when my sister drove?

10-18-2010, 07:34 PM
We never got that far, but we did get stuck on the side of the Cross Bronx at night for some time before the world of cell phones. Perhaps it was there that I got over my fear of danger. Or the time it stalled in the middle of one of the busiest intersections and we had to push it.
10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
My parents had an black 1960?'s Impala that had a light green interior. I was 3 1/2 at the time and can remember that my Dad had taken stuffed tiger cat( it was the type won at the local carnival) and had wired little red lights into the eyes so when he stepped on the brakes they came on. My mom said it had an erie effect when you you were in the car behind it.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic