Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tonight's wine pairing...
06-27-2011, 06:53 PM
RE: Tonight's wine pairing...
Hey I had some of that wine once. It isn't bad....but its "naughty" especially if you have too much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2011, 07:16 PM
That looks interesting! I'd keep that one far away from the bottle of "Mad Housewife"

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Isn't there a bottle of "Menage e Trois"? Thats one I would love to try, but I dont think it would go over very well with that shot of "Justifiable Homicide".
10-12-2013, 11:40 AM
(04-29-2010 09:09 AM)Brutus Wrote:  If you had $25 to spend and only one wine to chose...no food to accompany it, just for drinking...what would be your choice?

2010 Missing Leg Syrah. St Peter of Alcantara vineyard in west Paso Robles. Great stand alone...even better paired with beef. There are better Syrah's out there, but not for 25 shekels.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
01-05-2014, 03:08 PM
So speaking of wine and paring it with food, or cigars or? Fireman and I watched a show on Netflix called SOMM, it's about becoming a master sommelier and the trials, tests and knowledge they must retain and know.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Now that sounds extremely interesting. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Thx!Smile

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
11-01-2014, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 04:09 PM by 2Beers.)
It's really not so much as a pairing, but consuming. Unless you can consider homemade Chex Mix as a food source. We are hosting a celebrate the finished fire pit with some of our Fire Department "family" by having a bonfire tonight. There is a slight nip/chill in the air and I have the crock pot cooking up a nice spiced mulled wine.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic