Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spammers
10-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Spammers
It seems the spammers have discovered our little Rivendell (* Sunlight dances through the leaves / Soft winds stir the sighing trees / Lying in the warm grass / Feel the sun upon your face *).

Last I looked there was at least someone calling themselves jyrddn posting spam in "Explorations off the Beaten Track".

Not sure what, if anything, can be done about it other than liberal use of the Ignore feature. Just a quick head's up that there's a fly among us.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2010, 03:21 PM
RE: Spammers
He's been gonged! See ya!

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-01-2010, 06:40 AM
I was a wundrin when we would see something like that. Thank you Mr Brutus, our little world is safe again!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2010, 08:25 AM
I know this one is obivious, but the new entry in Introduce yourself is "Framelyyours" and its an ad for photo frames.

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I saw him this morning and sent off a report.

11-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm hoping that, sooner rather than later, some of us veterans might be provided with the capability of sending those spammers into the black void. I hereby volunteer!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Actually I felt a little"violated" of sorts when I saw that this morning.. Brutus/Bubba have really spoiled us a mite with taking out the trash as it were. I am sure there is something in the works so stay tuned.

11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm going to get back to y'all by week's end about Moderatin' Help. I'm going to have a hard time getting it down to 3 people so I hope I don't offend anyone by not picking them. Jeeeze I hates that thought.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Boomer's the only one that is danger of getting hims widdle feewings hurt... he's a sensitive sort of guy.
I mean - look at him... =)~

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh BRUDDAHHH! Is it wabbit season yet? Silly wabbit.

Just so we understand - there'll be no hurtin my feewings. I'm a big boy...I can take it.......

snifl snifl