Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Holiday desserts
11-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Holiday desserts
I know I missed Canadian Thanksgiving with this one by about a month, but it would still be good for the winter holidays.
I have made this recipe several time and keep getting requests to make it again.

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake

2 C finely chopped ginger snaps
1/2 C finely chopped pecans
6 Tbsp butter
3 pkgs cream cheese (8 oz each), softened
1 C sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 C canned pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
dash ground cloves

Mix ginger snap crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into bottom and 2 inches up side of a 9-inch springform pan.

Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Reserve 1 1/2 C of the plain batter. Stir remaining 1/4 C sugar, pumpkin and spices into remaining batter. Spoon 1/2 the pumpkin batter over crust; top with spoonfuls of 1/2 of the reserved plain batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect,

Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until center is almost set if using silver springform pan or 300 degrees for 55 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan. Loosen cake from side of pan; cool before removing side of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
RE: Holiday desserts
Here ya go girls...at your request.
11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks RN! Since frozen pumpkin torte is on the Turkey Day dessert menu, I think we will have to give this one a go for Christmas Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
11-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Yum!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
11-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Do you think 1 container of Marscapone would work with this instead of the 3 cream cheese? Had one left over from the cook-a-thon? By the way did any of you have a hard time buying fresh pumpkins? It was so bad in CNY I had to make sweet potato pie instead!

"An Oasis of Solid Ground in an Endless Sea of Confusion"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Frozen pumpkin torte, pumpkin pie and French silk pie are the desserts on the menu request this year.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic