Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thanksgiving
11-25-2010, 12:45 PM
RE: Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your feasts and family!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Gobble Gobble toot toot Gooble Gooble toot toot

Don't talk smack about Total!!
11-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Now who's tooting an ill-wind? Don't you love it when a bunch of tryptophanaics take over your couch? Happy Turkey Day NBC! Now hit the snooze button......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz​zzzzzzzzzz

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-25-2010, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2010 11:37 PM by Bageleth.)
(11-25-2010 06:58 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Now who's tooting an ill-wind? Don't you love it when a bunch of tryptophanaics take over your couch? Happy Turkey Day NBC! Now hit the snooze button......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz​zzzzzzzzzz

My son is the one tooting!
We're ending the day with the traditional viewing (at least at my house) of "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles.

The plan for tomorrow, is to avoid going to any store

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2010, 12:01 AM
I plan on avoiding the stores all weekend.
11-26-2010, 01:46 AM
(11-25-2010 06:58 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Now who's tooting an ill-wind? Don't you love it when a bunch of tryptophanaics take over your couch? Happy Turkey Day NBC! Now hit the snooze button......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz​zzzzzzzzzz

Wasn't me! I suspect the L-tryptophan + H2O indole + pyruvate + NH3 belonged to none other than my beloved shepherd Major.

11-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Ew, my Father in Law made a wild turkey. And fortunately a regular turkey breast. It was all dark looking and tough. They even covered it in bacon to give it some extra fat, but it was still kinda gamey. My brother in law is a chef, so he knows to do these things, I guess. Fortunately dad in law shot it in the head, so no metal shavings for extra flavor.
11-26-2010, 10:17 AM
(11-26-2010 01:46 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  

Wasn't me! I suspect the L-tryptophan + H2O indole + pyruvate + NH3 belonged to none other than my beloved shepherd Major.

Hmmm........so what does it mean, when you didn't have any turkey, and you didn't do any cooking, and yet, after dinner, you're sleepy?

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Sheeeesh! Blaming it on the dog...I've NEVER done that. I'm cooking up a green chili stew with shredded pork I had left over from that big butt I cooked. Gonna be good. Now if I can just find my spice mill I could grind my cumin (after roasting the seeds, of course). I'll put my dog's ill chili wind up against Major's turkey wind any day. Stand back...or maybe stand front! Up wind anyway!

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-27-2010, 01:16 AM
(11-26-2010 04:29 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Sheeeesh! Blaming it on the dog...I've NEVER done that. I'm cooking up a green chili stew with shredded pork I had left over from that big butt I cooked. Gonna be good. Now if I can just find my spice mill I could grind my cumin (after roasting the seeds, of course). I'll put my dog's ill chili wind up against Major's turkey wind any day. Stand back...or maybe stand front! Up wind anyway!

Ok Brutus, I'm not one to challange, but in this case I do believe I have you beatSmile

Earlier, Mr. Maje (Major) Jumped up on my counter top and ate a whole bowl of macaroni and cheese! I thought it was a joke. I heard a thump and thought to myself, what is he doing out there? When I walked into the kitchen, I swear that he smiled at me.
A whole bowl, gone.
And all was fine until midnight. Then pffft pff pfffffft! Ohhh heck no! Your going outside Mr! And outside he went, making a B-line over to my aunts house he fled.
I swear this is true. You can ask my Grandmother who has never lied, The Maje stole
food from the local homeless! My aunt feeds deer (don't get me started) and homeless cats (don't get me started). So Mr. Maje is a bit vile tonight and is on a very short leash.

So; I know that my dogs wind can beat your dogs windTongue