Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thanksgiving
11-28-2010, 01:11 PM
RE: Thanksgiving
Well, hopefully the next time you see them, all of that stuff will be in the past. At least you have your family to have a pleasant meal with.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2010, 01:20 PM
I wish that were somehow true, but this year it was really pretty bad. I had thought we set all that aside.

But I still have a ton of friends - including y'all!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe you could tie Cousin Eddie to the rear bumper and go for a drive.....or not. Anyway, good to have you back amigo.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
(11-28-2010 01:05 PM)boomer Wrote:  It happens. I am sure a lot of families are like that. I just dont like driving 400 miles to walk into a hornets nest because my brother, aka Cousin Eddie (from the movie 'Vacation') has everyone all stirred up. Thought we had done away with all that for this year.

Apparently some of that went on here, but I missed it. Sorry you had to endure that, and I hope your feast today is fun!

Dan,no snow yet, we were too far south(for now). However, it was cold enough that I could watch the river outside the back window freeze over in about 24 hours. I've never seen that happen before!

11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
(11-28-2010 01:34 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(11-28-2010 01:05 PM)boomer Wrote:  It happens. I am sure a lot of families are like that. I just dont like driving 400 miles to walk into a hornets nest because my brother, aka Cousin Eddie (from the movie 'Vacation') has everyone all stirred up. Thought we had done away with all that for this year.

Apparently some of that went on here, but I missed it. Sorry you had to endure that, and I hope your feast today is fun!

Dan,no snow yet, we were too far south(for now). However, it was cold enough that I could watch the river outside the back window freeze over in about 24 hours. I've never seen that happen before!

It sounds like a good day to stay indoors, with a hot beverage, and a good book or movie

11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey B Guy! Nice to hear from the fearless Canuck of the North! Your name came up in conversation by the way, so hope those ears didnt get to burning too much.

Actually - some of us wanted to drag him out of the house and use him for grizzly bear bait. Kinda like the movie - "...can I drag you out in the middle of nowhere - leave you for dead?..."

11-28-2010, 01:48 PM
(11-28-2010 01:36 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  

It sounds like a good day to stay indoors, with a hot beverage, and a good book or movie

Or a couple of buckets of soapy water, washing walls. Sad

11-28-2010, 01:52 PM
(11-28-2010 01:48 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  

That doesn't sound cozy at all. Are you getting ready to paint?

11-28-2010, 04:37 PM
(11-28-2010 01:52 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(11-28-2010 01:48 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  

That doesn't sound cozy at all. Are you getting ready to paint?

No, cleaning construction dust out of the bedrooms. They did some remodeling, and the project is finally done. Nothing left to do but clean up after the construction workers.

11-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Darn construction guys anyways....never clean up after themselves and ALWAYS wandering around on their Harleys causing a rukus and bringing chaos and mayhem wherever they go.