* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worse than Robitussin DM?
11-21-2010, 11:43 AM
RE: Worse than Robitussin DM?
Feel free to test this as well.

(Does that make boomer and I testes?)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2010, 12:53 PM
*Bda-bomp - crash*

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-21-2010, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 02:54 PM by Bageleth.)
Paging RN-PRN! Here's a test post
I'll be back in an hour or two. I need to go do the grocery shopping as the natives in the house tend to get hungry

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 01:20 PM
(11-20-2010 10:47 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Is there anything more horrific???

Lophroaig 10yr cask strength...this vile stuff'll rip the enamel right off your teeth. I've had the same 750ml in my collection for 4yrs now. I use it to strip paint and I offer it to over imbibing friends who snarl WHAT ELSE YA GOT after destroying the $200 worth of the fine uisge I've placed before them.

That usually shuts em up...Big Grin

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
(08-10-2012 01:20 PM)Sunset Wrote:  

Lophroaig 10yr cask strength...this vile stuff'll rip the enamel right off your teeth. I've had the same 750ml in my collection for 4yrs now. I use it to strip paint and I offer it to over imbibing friends who snarl WHAT ELSE YA GOT after destroying the $200 worth of the fine uisge I've placed before them.

I'd be more than happy to take that Laphroaig off your hands: love them peaty Islays.... Big Grin

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 01:52 PM by Sunset.)
(08-10-2012 01:28 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 01:20 PM)Sunset Wrote:  

I'd be more than happy to take that Laphroaig off your hands: love them peaty Islays.... Big Grin

As do I.Big Grin

I keep:
Laga16
caol Ila12
Ardbeg Uigeadail
Highland Park12
Bruichladdich18
Talisker10

...in stock at all times. And I also keep several west highland uiges(e.g. Oban14 and Old Pulteny12) handy as they have a briny note as well.

Boot ah canna stomach the Lophroaig10 CS...tis pure shyte lass.Confused

08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I was talking to a mate the other day, whos kids are a few years older than ours, and he was telling me that his kids and their mates buy compressed alcohol which is a vapour, crank off the top and get a rush of compressed gas / alcohol right into their system, p*ssed in a few seconds..........what ever happened to spending some time with a drink and a friend??

Living the dream over here in Blighty
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
+1 for the Brussel sprouts. When I was a kid, I did what every other kid in the world did and feed the nastyveggies to the dog waiting anxiously under the table. She'd eat most things, but not those damn sprouts...no way. To my young impressionable mind, that really said something! Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
08-10-2012, 01:59 PM
You keep talking like that and you'll strain your fingers! Big Grin

Never had tha Laga16 or the Caol Illa12. Im hoping to try the latter by Thanksgiving.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
08-10-2012, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 02:12 PM by Sunset.)
(08-10-2012 01:50 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I was talking to a mate the other day, whos kids are a few years older than ours, and he was telling me that his kids and their mates buy compressed alcohol which is a vapour, crank off the top and get a rush of compressed gas / alcohol right into their system, p*ssed in a few seconds..........what ever happened to spending some time with a drink and a friend??

Clearly, they've no interest in enjoying the deeply complex flavor profiles of good single malt. But are just looking to get high. Tsk tsk...

Still, the ingestion of vaporized ETOH is a few steps above what some of the cretins on this side of the pond are doing. They'll take a 750ml and jam it up their...well, you get the idea.Confused

(08-10-2012 01:59 PM)Boomer Wrote:  Never had tha Laga16 or the Caol Illa12. Im hoping to try the latter by Thanksgiving.

The Laga16 is a delicate/refined sherry cask...one of my favs.
The Caol Ila comes in like a mouse, but finishes like a lion.

I love em both...