Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Please Join In the Conversations!
03-28-2011, 07:02 AM
RE: Please Join In the Conversations!
Hello, haven't had a chance to introduce myself to the kings court. My name is Markus, which simply means from Mark. I have a beautiful wife named Lorna, two successful and handsome boys named Dom and Adam, and our beautiful angel Katie. Angel

Thanks to Brutus and the gang for the invite/re-invite as we carry on through this difficult time. I have returned to this forum to learn to share, laugh, read again. Heart

I love to cook and I do it for a living. We have a seasonal operation so I take lay-off during the winter months which allows me to spend a little more time doing the music thing. I love to create in the kitchen and in the studio.

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Glad to have you back Markus Smile
03-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks RN-PRN, that means a lot! Shy

03-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Good to see you mate. What studio are you using, and what are you creating in there?

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the greeting! I have a make shift studio in my shack. I use ADATS, simple set-up. I don't want to come across as a self-promoter so I'll refrain from any elaboration on that. I enjoy writing music and have been for a while. My tastes vary from the fearsome threesome to new-grass (having recently taken up the mando) and almost any type of music. How about you NWoBHM?

03-28-2011, 10:51 AM
(03-28-2011 09:57 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  Thanks for the greeting! I have a make shift studio in my shack. I use ADATS, simple set-up. I don't want to come across as a self-promoter so I'll refrain from any elaboration on that. I enjoy writing music and have been for a while. My tastes vary from the fearsome threesome to new-grass (having recently taken up the mando) and almost any type of music. How about you NWoBHM?

Hi Markus,

I am probably the guiltiest of self promoting here, but I dont mean to promote as such, its just I am really passionate about music and it spills over some time. I am equally passionate about food, and drink though!

I just noticed another studio bloke from Ontario so we can have a chat one evening in the bar about studios.

Yeah I love music, Bubba and Co obviously, as well as anything with massive guitar sounds, riffs, solos etc.

My studio is Pro Tools LE 8, with digi 003, and I vary between using an old Tama, ddrum4se and Roland TD20 K in there - having fun, at the bottom of the learning curve with Pro Tools......etc

03-28-2011, 11:01 AM
(03-28-2011 10:51 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(03-28-2011 09:57 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  Thanks for the greeting! I have a make shift studio in my shack. I use ADATS, simple set-up. I don't want to come across as a self-promoter so I'll refrain from any elaboration on that. I enjoy writing music and have been for a while. My tastes vary from the fearsome threesome to new-grass (having recently taken up the mando) and almost any type of music. How about you NWoBHM?

Hi Markus,

I am probably the guiltiest of self promoting here, but I dont mean to promote as such, its just I am really passionate about music and it spills over some time. I am equally passionate about food, and drink though!

I just noticed another studio bloke from Ontario so we can have a chat one evening in the bar about studios.

Yeah I love music, Bubba and Co obviously, as well as anything with massive guitar sounds, riffs, solos etc.

My studio is Pro Tools LE 8, with digi 003, and I vary between using an old Tama, ddrum4se and Roland TD20 K in there - having fun, at the bottom of the learning curve with Pro Tools......etc

Very cool N, I have a great passion for music too. Have to say after getting a bit older now my tastes have quieted down a bit. Still loving Rush and looking forward to more. Music and food go hand in hand. They both offer a certain amount of challenge and different ingredients can certainly alter the outcome. I often use food analogies to describe music/ recording and vice versa. Undecided

03-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Yeah, music and food are both the food of love, so play on, and eat up - cheers mate!

03-30-2011, 07:31 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Is the bar the appropriate spot for a studio discussion? I'm treading lightly here. I wouldn't want to hijack the thread.

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating"
03-30-2011, 08:04 PM

[/quote]

Is the bar the appropriate spot for a studio discussion? I'm treading lightly here. I wouldn't want to hijack the thread.
[/quote]

or Continually off, or drumming...