Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spring US dates
11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
RE: Spring US dates
(11-29-2010 12:59 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(11-29-2010 12:33 PM)boomer Wrote:  Well it wasnt that. The girl I took had a BIG crush....BIG crush on Barry. Thought he was dreamy or something like that. I assumed......wrongly so...that things might work out a bit differently, but not even a hug? I was crushed. I wept.....until my dad rescued me from the depths of my despair. Took me to an awesome car show. Couldnt even remember her name after that.

So no gratitude or appreciation for your effort? How rude!

Wouldn't even look at me. She was so into Barry I didnt have a chance.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Should have taken her to a Ramones concert. Even I look good in that crowd! Surprisingly one of the best concerts I've ever seen. That and Motorhead.....go figure....Oh, and Dr. Hook....I loved the weird stuff as a child. "Pere Ubu", "Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry"...I was often denied access to the tune selection in our house of fools...."Television", "Buckethead"...the list goes on

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
11-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey - she liked Barry. I didnt.

Of course, if you are talking about Motorhead and the Ramones, two groups who are a testament to the belief that you only need money for love, then yeah I get that. Nowadays I think about that night and just ask myself "What in blazes was I thinking?"...... no explanation needed.

I gotta admire a guy who can admit to Dr. Hook though.

11-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Dr. Hook was an amazing surprise. I had been subjected to their hit, "Silvia's Mother" and can't even remember why I was at the concert...probably something to do with a girl .....the old story. But they blew me away with their playing and how hard they rocked...Kind of remind me of guys like Shel Silverstein, Randy Newman, Warren Zevon, Stealers Wheel (Freakin' love Gerry Rafferty!), Loudon Wainwright (Stink skunk! One of the great segues to a lead guitar solo of all time) who made tons of bucks with their cute/weird songs but had the chops to amaze in other ways.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
(11-29-2010 03:41 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Dr. Hook was an amazing surprise. I had been subjected to their hit, "Silvia's Mother" and can't even remember why I was at the concert...probably something to do with a girl .....the old story. But they blew me away with their playing and how hard they rocked.

I saw a Dr Hook show a million years ago at Canada's Wonderland. I seem to recall that I was being dragged there against my will (not unlike Brutus' experience, "something to do with a girl..."). Previous to seeing them, I just considered them AM radio material, songs less than 3 minutes dripping with sappy sentimentality.

Bleah.

Then I sat myself on the grass, listened and watched.

All of them, to a man, were extraordinary musicians. They blew me away. Outstanding musicianship. Not at all what I expected. I was very glad she dragged me onto the grass hill beyond the reserved seats so I could enjoy the concert.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
They were a bunch of stoners.....you never knew what to expect but whatever they did, they seemed to be having such a great time. Freaks with one foot in country music and the other somewhere hard to describe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHufyCHSF1U

I'm doing an e9 think here with the utube posting!

11-29-2010, 06:09 PM
To think that hat is back IN? Whoa dude......thats almost as bad as kimono robes or knee high boots you wear on the outside of your jeans. Not that I would know anybody with that kind of fashion sense....???

Randy Newman was a writers delight, as was Warren Z, but Gerry Rafferty and Louden Wainright were musicians. They had a gift in their hands not many could match. Some of these names though....I never thought anybody would have known about Dr Hook.

At least I wasn't the ONLY hillbilly that got dragged into stuff like that. I just wont ever live the Barry thing down.

11-29-2010, 06:51 PM
(11-29-2010 06:09 PM)boomer Wrote:  To think that hat is back IN? Whoa dude......

Well, that hat definitely has a place for the rain water to drain off...and man, can that guy dance.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
12-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Row six...my kids are going to first freak and then have a great time!!!!
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
(12-01-2010 09:28 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  Row six...my kids are going to first freak and then have a great time!!!!

Smile

A party without cake is really just a meeting