Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pickled Brussels Sprouts. No, really!
01-28-2011, 06:54 AM
RE: Pickled Brussels Sprouts. No, really!
Fuzzy, I heard/saw those on a Alton Brown show called "Feasting On Asphalt". I like pickles, but wonder about those...

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2011, 10:22 PM
(01-27-2011 01:49 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Hard G, Everyday that the mailman comes, I sprint to his truck on foot to see if my Christmas cookies have arrived. They must have messed up the address because it's been late over a month now. Anyway, Snuggles (the mailman whom I didn't know until I started making the 6 miles long trips up my rock, ice covered driveway (and it's uphill too), Plus it's full of snow), and I have become friends.
Everyday, I make that 6 mile trip back home in the cold, with empty hands and a crushed spirit and tear filled eyes singing love songs of the way things used to be. It's an awful burden for a plate of cookies G.

Three days ago when I was making "the hike", I took a tumble down one of the steep sections of
the driveway that I call Devils elbow. I nailed my mouth on a huge rock and took out 4 of my
front teeth and now I talk with a vicious lisp. Do you know how hard it is to do my job with no teeth and a huge fat, swollen lip? Plus Snuggles keeps driving by the house in his mailtruck.

Thanks Hard G! Maybe we can forget about cookies and talk about Brussels now like I'm should beSmile lol Wink

YOU DID WHAT?!?!?!?!?
OH NBC, ARE YOU OKAY?

(We need a hug smiley!)
My dear, if you remember right, you said no cookies, you were on a diet!
Did you change your mind?
If you did, just say so, I'll send them as soon as I get home, I'm still in CA on buisness!

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
01-28-2011, 11:41 PM
lol no, my fitness program is now in full swing. Thanks anyway G. I'm just teasing. I just like creating a goofy tail now and then is allWink

Don't talk smack about Total!!
01-29-2011, 08:42 AM
(01-28-2011 11:41 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  lol no, my fitness program is now in full swing. Thanks anyway G. I'm just teasing. I just like creating a goofy tail now and then is allWink

Oh, all right, boy-who-cried wolf, I see how you are........Dodgy

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
01-29-2011, 12:00 PM
You didn't think I was serious! lol. That's funny if you did though.
I'm really not that wackySmile

01-29-2011, 12:27 PM
(01-29-2011 12:00 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  You didn't think I was serious! lol. That's funny if you did though.
I'm really not that wackySmile

I thought it was a joke. I mean a 6 mile driveway? I would like to have an estate like that!

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
01-29-2011, 12:46 PM
lol indeed!

01-29-2011, 04:08 PM
NBBC thanks for the holiday cookies, enjoyed them very much. Smile

I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph
01-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I actually did fall yesterday, and I am hurting, bad, today. Rolled my ankle on a chunk of asphalt crossing the street to work. Fell hard on my right side in the road. I mean ouchy. Today: Sprained ankle, scraped up knee, upper right arm is mega sore, neck and back are killing me. And bad headache. Babies are OK, went to the doc yesterday afternoon. One of them waved! But I found out that they are likely in the same placental sack with no membrane between them. Very rare twins condition. This means at 25 weeks, I'll be admitted to the hospital and they will monitor babies twice a day. They will be immediately delivered if the cords tangle or one of the cords is compressed. So, I have an appt with a perinatologist to find out for sure. Raining, pouring, here in Central Smellinois. Glad to do whatever it takes, though. The first one was worth every trial.
01-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Cue "The Who's" "The Kids Are All Right". Sounds like you are in good hands Laff. My thoughts and good vibes are in the mail.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'