Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Best Coffees??
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
RE: Best Coffees??
When my Brother went to a coffee convention they had lots and lots of venders trying to sell etc. One of them had the coffee beans that are eaten by a wild cat(sorry don't remember it's name) then excreted out,cleaned and roasted... For my Brother's boss to acquire the beans for them to roast was about $350.00 per lb. they had free samples made up for the people to try. So an espresso cup would cost about about $50.00 in price, and my Brother tried a cup to say that he had. I asked if it was the best, mind altering ,etc... cup of coffee and he said " It was like a dark roast okay, but really it came out from the cat's butt and I tried not to think of that as I sipped it"

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2010, 07:17 PM
I have two cats right now. The mere thought of them excreting anything......let alone drinking anything that filtered ....

You must have a very . . . unique... brother?!?!?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-29-2010, 11:13 PM
(12-29-2010 02:31 PM)boomer Wrote:  I have had Trader Joes - thats some good stuff there. That Jamaican Blend is pretty awesome too, but for some reason spendy blends dont appeal to me. I actually used to drink folgers. When I was 19. I think it was a Seattle coffee shop that spoiled me rotten.

Big Bear. Y'all got a chopper shop up thataway. Thats some awful pwetty country up there too.

I love it here. Can't find a good enough reason to leave. The bears get in my trash and cougars chase my neighbors around but hey, I leave my door open all day. That's the trade off....nasty weather but no crime. Right now slurpy (sleet or snow/rain mix) is coming out of the sky. Yes, I have been to the chopper store with my friend. He's the motorcycle dude. I just tag along and ask alot of questions.
12-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I totally missed the start of this thread! MMmmmmmmmm Coffee!!!

As far as Latte's go, I generally like Starbucks or Seattle's Best (doesn't Starbucks own that too?).
For regular everyday coffee, I'm ashamed to say, we buy the least expensive coffee beans. However, for holidays and birthdays, I buy Full City coffee beans, which are roasted in Portland. It's nearly $14 per pound, so it's a treat when we have it. It makes the regular stuff we have taste like brewed cigarette ashes. Millstone is alright, but Full City is the favorite.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
12-30-2010, 07:41 AM
HOW CAN BAGEL miss a thread on Coffee?? Did the alignment of the contellation Orion move in the sky? WOW!

One of the things my wife loves every Christmas is Starbucks Christmas blend. I have no idea why but she loves that blend. For me it better be strong....I only have about 2 cups a day, but its like leaving the house without my morning hug from my wife - it just aint the same unless you get a little love for the day.

12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Boomer, I have two cups per day at least. Each cup holds the equivalent of 2 cups though. Sometimes I need 3, and like you, I need that coffee every morning.

There was one time where it was late morning and my daughter was doing the dishes and asked if she could turn off the coffee maker. My husband and I both quickly yelled "NO!" like the world was ending or something if she did. She looked at us and said in a very small voice, "ok". I think we scared her. She still talks about that day (we laugh about it though).

12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
HA!

Last year we spent Thanksgiving at my folks house in Michigan. When we got there, my mother informed us that she doesnt drink coffee, and any caffiene fix would have to come from the coffee shop in town. We both looked at each other in a panic!

This year we took our own coffee maker, only to discover mom had changed her tune about coffee.

12-30-2010, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2010 10:16 AM by Bageleth.)
(12-30-2010 10:04 AM)boomer Wrote:  HA!

Last year we spent Thanksgiving at my folks house in Michigan. When we got there, my mother informed us that she doesnt drink coffee, and any caffiene fix would have to come from the coffee shop in town. We both looked at each other in a panic!

This year we took our own coffee maker, only to discover mom had changed her tune about coffee.

LOL! The day that coffee is no longer served in our family, will be a sad day.

I remember a trip to Bend that I took with my dad and sister about 20 years ago. My sister and I brought full suitcases (clothes for every occasion) and my dad brought only a change of underwear, a fresh shirt, his shaving kit, and a large coffeemaker for his hotel room. I had never seen anyone bring their coffee maker on a trip before. I think that was before the roadside coffee kiosks were around.
There's a popular chain of coffee kiosks here in the PNW that we don't go to at all. My husband calls their coffee "vile". Apparently their regular coffee is just espresso with hot water added. You can tell that it isn't properly brewed coffee. Everytime we pass one of those coffee stands, my son says "Vile Coffee!"

12-30-2010, 11:03 AM
There is one kiosk I used to go to in Portland that made theeeeeee most tasty coffees lattes mochas....you name it. I always went for the double expresso mocha with a Power shot - for posterity. It used to be just south of Beaverton not too far from Murray Blvd, but its been 12 years since I was there. Problem with PDX is there are TONS of those kiosks around, and its a bit risky knowing which ones are good, and which ones are "VILE".

Golly - I wish I could remember the name of that place. I can visualize it and could probably drive to it, but I just cant remember what the name was. Old age must be settin in!

12-30-2010, 09:56 PM
(12-30-2010 10:14 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(12-30-2010 10:04 AM)boomer Wrote:  HA!

LOL! The day that coffee is no longer served in our family, will be a sad day.

I remember a trip to Bend that I took with my dad and sister about 20 years ago. My sister and I brought full suitcases (clothes for every occasion) and my dad brought only a change of underwear, a fresh shirt, his shaving kit, and a large coffeemaker for his hotel room. I had never seen anyone bring their coffee maker on a trip before. I think that was before the roadside coffee kiosks were around.
There's a popular chain of coffee kiosks here in the PNW that we don't go to at all. My husband calls their coffee "vile". Apparently their regular coffee is just espresso with hot water added. You can tell that it isn't properly brewed coffee. Everytime we pass one of those coffee stands, my son says "Vile Coffee!"

You aren't talking about Dutch Bros., are you? Huh
Oh, and I thought I liked you.....Big Grin
If anyone could taste Starbucks and Dutch Bros. side by side, there would be no comparison, Dutch Bros. would win hands down!
Starbucks is burnt beans, nothing more, nothing less. Ick!
My poor mother, laying in the hospital after she broke her hip, I ask her if I can get her anything, she replies "I am dying for a Dutch Bros. decaf!". How's that for a testimonial?

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur