Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Best Coffees??
12-30-2010, 10:10 PM
RE: Best Coffees??
Heres why I drink the Starbucks.

Many moons ago, I went to OHare Airport and picked up my brother so he could spend a few days with us before going back to school from the Army. It was 8 BELOW zero outside, and feeling a bit of the cold, my brother asks to pull over so he could get a Mocha. Me being a bit of a mocha fiend myself, but also know IOWA DOES NOT have an appreciation for finer coffee, I knew this would end bad before we even stopped. Brother gets out of the truck, walks into this diner and says...."Ma'am - get me two mochas".....to which the waitress, probably about 60 years plus, torts back...."Son - We got COFFEE. FOLGERS!"

I ride by that same place on my Harley on occassion and still laugh my fool head off.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2010 10:13 PM by Bageleth.)
(12-30-2010 09:56 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  
(12-30-2010 10:14 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(12-30-2010 10:04 AM)boomer Wrote:  HA!

Last year we spent Thanksgiving at my folks house in Michigan. When we got there, my mother informed us that she doesnt drink coffee, and any caffiene fix would have to come from the coffee shop in town. We both looked at each other in a panic!

This year we took our own coffee maker, only to discover mom had changed her tune about coffee.

LOL! The day that coffee is no longer served in our family, will be a sad day.

I remember a trip to Bend that I took with my dad and sister about 20 years ago. My sister and I brought full suitcases (clothes for every occasion) and my dad brought only a change of underwear, a fresh shirt, his shaving kit, and a large coffeemaker for his hotel room. I had never seen anyone bring their coffee maker on a trip before. I think that was before the roadside coffee kiosks were around.
There's a popular chain of coffee kiosks here in the PNW that we don't go to at all. My husband calls their coffee "vile". Apparently their regular coffee is just espresso with hot water added. You can tell that it isn't properly brewed coffee. Everytime we pass one of those coffee stands, my son says "Vile Coffee!"

You aren't talking about Dutch Bros., are you? Huh
Oh, and I thought I liked you.....Big Grin
If anyone could taste Starbucks and Dutch Bros. side by side, there would be no comparison, Dutch Bros. would win hands down!
Starbucks is burnt beans, nothing more, nothing less. Ick!
My poor mother, laying in the hospital after she broke her hip, I ask her if I can get her anything, she replies "I am dying for a Dutch Bros. decaf!". How's that for a testimonial?

Hardware Girl, you guessed it! Hahaha
No, we're not fans of the Dutch Bros.
Actually, there is a coffee kiosk down the road from me that serves Full City coffee. Once again, it's a treat. We also have a coffee bean roasting company called "Wandering Goat". I wasn't impressed with their coffee though.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
12-30-2010, 10:16 PM
OH BLAH you're actually keeping track of me?

Repeatedly ignores warnings against religious & political posts (+10 points)

lol, whatever, you've overscoped your simple function
02-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Coffee drink of the day is.... a dark roast from Luna Cafe, Depere WI called Stout. It has a nice deep dark and mellow taste. Mmmmmm good to have on cold and snowy day.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
02-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Whever we go see my folks in Michigan, we always stop by the Coffee Shop in town, and my wife always gets the Lake Effect Latte - which is just about 3 days worth of caffiene and chocolate and whipped cream frothing around in a large sized cup. I always go for the Double Mocha with Power. I get the shakes from it but it sure keeps me fired up for the trip thru Chicago.

That would be divine right about now!!!

02-21-2011, 02:51 PM
(12-29-2010 04:18 PM)2Beers Wrote:  When my Brother went to a coffee convention they had lots and lots of venders trying to sell etc. One of them had the coffee beans that are eaten by a wild cat(sorry don't remember it's name) then excreted out,cleaned and roasted... For my Brother's boss to acquire the beans for them to roast was about $350.00 per lb. they had free samples made up for the people to try. So an espresso cup would cost about about $50.00 in price, and my Brother tried a cup to say that he had. I asked if it was the best, mind altering ,etc... cup of coffee and he said " It was like a dark roast okay, but really it came out from the cat's butt and I tried not to think of that as I sipped it"

Sorry to post this a bit late, but I didn't see this when originally posted.
The coffee you mean is the Civet cat. It's actually related to a weasel. I haven;t had the coffee by itself, but there is one brewer that uses it in a coffee stout. Mekkeller's Beer Geek Breakfast - Weasel. They have other versions of the BGB but only this uses Civet coffee.
02-22-2011, 01:52 PM
How could have I forgotten this beloved thread? Coffee is my blood.
My latest love is the Starbucks "Black-Eye". Just go get a venti and you will understand.
Of course I must have my splenda and light cream added too. Kinda takes me places man. Like it bends time man, gnarly!

If you don't drink coffee, don't get this. It's wicked!

Don't talk smack about Total!!
02-22-2011, 06:22 PM
The Black Eye eh? Hmmm. I'll have to see if we got it here. These folks are a bit "slow" when it comes to new things.....they dont like upsettin the apple cart.

Thanks for the tip!

03-01-2011, 03:34 PM
(02-22-2011 01:52 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  How could have I forgotten this beloved thread? Coffee is my blood.
My latest love is the Starbucks "Black-Eye". Just go get a venti and you will understand.
Of course I must have my splenda and light cream added too. Kinda takes me places man. Like it bends time man, gnarly!

If you don't drink coffee, don't get this. It's wicked!

Hmmmmmm.............I may have to just go and get one Smile

A party without cake is really just a meeting
03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm a black eye junkie today boy! My dog Major may have a torn ACL in his right hind leg. I can take a lot of bad news, but I'm effected the most when it's news that The Mage is hurting. Sinks my heart. I need a shot of expresso! A double!

Don't talk smack about Total!!