Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Best Coffees??
03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
RE: Best Coffees??
I have the same problem with Starblech. I do a lot of work with the nail and screw gun types when I'm doing store installs and coffee break is a sacred rite. We'd rather do Timmy's (Tim Hortons to you Yanks...ps, my wife HATES Timmys but I don't find it so bad and along with their aorta destroying Tim Bits its become a rite of passage) than Stargulp. I find a cup of their java gets my hands a twitching and shaking so bad that I'm unable to do my side job as brain surgeon. Plus all the crew start bitching and snapping at each other....

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I have the same problem with Starblech. I do a lot of work with the nail and screw gun types when I'm doing store installs and coffee break is a sacred rite. We'd rather do Timmy's (Tim Hortons to you Yanks...ps, my wife HATES Timmys but I don't find it so bad and along with their aorta destroying Tim Bits its become a rite of passage) than Stargulp. I find a cup of their java gets my hands a twitching and shaking so bad that I'm unable to do my side job as brain surgeon. Plus all the crew start bitching and snapping at each other....

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Timmy Hortons? Oooo new blend. Must try that one! Always open to newbies, but living here in the dag nabbit cornfield they dont GET much other than Star RunAmok. So I deal with it, but I have had blends far better but much harder to obtain as well.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 06:31 PM
That must be a brand that isn't on the West coast, because I've never heard of it.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
03-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Black Eye; We call it the "Cop Crack"!

Yo Donkey, I be needin some Cop Crack I'm getting sleepy.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Got to love,love the Hubby even though we caved and had a frozen pizza, he goes and makes me a pot of coffee with the french press. Sighhh.. and mmmm a nice medium roast this time.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-02-2011, 08:50 PM
(03-02-2011 07:19 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Got to love,love the Hubby even though we caved and had a frozen pizza, he goes and makes me a pot of coffee with the french press. Sighhh.. and mmmm a nice medium roast this time.

Mmmmmmmmm.............that sounds so nice Smile

03-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Ok, I went to Starbucks this morning, and asked if they had something called "Black Eye", the gal didn't seem to be familiar with that term, so I described the blend and she said, "Oh, you mean 'A Shot in the Dark!'". So that is what I had. I think that I may now have ADD and a case of the jitters, lol

03-12-2011, 12:44 AM
I bought a new mug that I thought could be shown here,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30255666@N08/5519302072/

03-12-2011, 02:19 AM
(03-12-2011 12:44 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  I bought a new mug that I thought could be shown here,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30255666@N08/5519302072/

Nice! I like the 50's happy housewife look.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..