Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2011, 10:33 AM
RE: Best Coffees??
Or maybe, she's not drinking coffee in that coffee cup

A party without cake is really just a meeting
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 11:38 PM by Beer Me!.)
For make-at-home coffee, I buy Trader Joe's Bolivian or Ethiopian beans (quality beans at a very good price), and brew it in a press pot. Out on the road, Dunkin' or 7-Eleven will do.

And I'll get equal amounts of applause and boos for this, but IMO Starburnt's is easily the most overrated and overpriced coffee north of the South Pole. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
03-25-2011, 07:36 AM
No boos from me, I can do without Starburnts.

Lately I have been drinking a lot of coffee. But not in the morning, mind you, instead I have been drinking nearly an entire pot with my evening meal every night. I never used to do this, but lately it just seems to make whatever I'm eating just taste better. Last night I drank coffee with my spinach and mushroom lasagna. I'll even drink it with pizza now. Anybody else like coffee with a meal, instead of just after?

And you morning coffee drinkers will really hate this (Bagel), I only drink decaffeinated coffee now. I know, sacrilege! But my significant other here, she is under orders from the doctor, no caffeine, it makes her heart race. So it is easier for me to adapt to that than make two pots of coffee. Plus, drinking it in the evenings, I don't need it keeping me up, I don't even miss the caffeine.

But I still like (need?) a big Mountain Dew in the morning, so still need to kick that.Wink

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
03-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:Last night I drank coffee with my spinach and mushroom lasagna. I'll even drink it with pizza now. Anybody else like coffee with a meal, instead of just after?

Rey, what are playing at mate?Sad There is only one thing to drink with a meal, and that`s booze! Have a word with yourself!Big Grin

Living the dream over here in Blighty
03-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Exsqueeze me? Coffee and pizza? Thats about as bad as pickled egg juice and salami!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
03-25-2011, 08:54 AM
(03-25-2011 08:52 AM)boomer Wrote:  Exsqueeze me? Coffee and pizza? Thats about as bad as pickled egg juice and salami!

If I did not know better, I would say Rey and NBC are pregnant!

Living the dream over here in Blighty
03-25-2011, 08:58 AM
CACK HASP!!! LMAO!!!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Ray! I think these combinations are perfectly devine. And manly too.
The others are just jealous.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
03-25-2011, 10:06 AM
(03-25-2011 08:52 AM)boomer Wrote:  Exsqueeze me? Coffee and pizza? Thats about as bad as pickled egg juice and salami!

Well, that started with me a long time ago. I once had a weeks vacation time and nothing to do, so I decided to go off by myself, take my tent and drive all around the back roads of Wisconsin, camping along the way.

I was driving along one evening, somewhere in the woods way up north, I think in the Lac Du Flambeau area. It was getting late, I was getting hungry and tired, it was getting dark, and I was getting more and more lost on these small roads through the woods.

Then I saw this very old sign, faded and half covered in vegetation, that said “Camping” and had an arrow pointing down a narrow, weedy track. So I took it, and eventually came upon a well hidden campground, and I stopped in at the owners cabin to see about getting a spot. They were astonished to see me. They said that they hadn’t had any walk in traffic for years, that all their clientele had been already coming for years, and was by word of mouth. “What sign?”, they asked, they didn’t remember any sign.

They were very friendly and talkative, and sat me down, wanted to know if I was hungry. They didn’t have much, so they made me a frozen pizza, and coffee was pretty much all they had to drink other than water. So I ate that pizza, and drank that coffee, and they tasted so good together, as I listened to their stories about living in the woods, their children, and how the deer there would come up and eat out of your hand.

So it was just a fun little adventure, that turned out well, and since then I have been hooked on a frozen pizza with some coffee, it brings back memories of that night.

Oh, and NBC, have you picked out a name yet?Big Grin

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..