Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rice Steamer
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
RE: Rice Steamer
(01-04-2011 05:24 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:Does this 13th century coaching inn have rooms? Only 800 years old? Probably has no lift I'm guessing! Need more intel amigo...

It does indeed. As well as huge fire places usually burning the odd half an oak tree. Food is good, beer is brewed locally at a micro brewery, the beer is called, "this, that and t`other", the whiskey is all sorts, although I dont recall Macallan - (I can make them make amends!!). There is no lift as you suggest - I am sure some of the gun beaters would give you fire mans lift to bed.

Your are very welcome to visit!!!

Funny you should mention the gun beaters. When b and I managed to squeeze our way into a nice castle in Scotland we were met at the door by an outraged door staff who quickly grew to love us. I believe the drink they offered was a bubbly derivative.They'd had an original member attempt to arrive by Harley but he'd gone down in the thick gravel on the road into Skibo. After we'd been piped into the dining room we retired to the library for smokes and a cognac. That room had been overtaken by a karaoke group of Americans, the leader whom exclaimed, " Those fuckers in the gun room don't know what they're missing." Hmmmmm... We retired to the gun room . So nice.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Arrive by Harley eh?

Its too bad some people have to ruin the mood for the rest of us. Gun Room was probably better anyways!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
The one I have is an "Oster" Inspire. It was cheap and it can tend to burn a bit on the bottom so I do check in at about a half hour or so to stir things around, but it's otherwise pretty good. There are probably better models out there and I should upgrade!

Holly

(01-04-2011 12:26 PM)boomer Wrote:  I Googled cookers and recipes. Found a couple of actual cook books just for cooking food in a rice cooker, and both of them had one section specifically devoted to cooking beans of different varieties. Black beans was a big favorite - and found a recipe for "frijoles negros" which is a black bean dish with peppers, onion, and cumin. Seasoned to taste.

But - there are several models of cookers out there....and I stink at picking out appliances.
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Thank you! Think I have a couple models to look at. One is a Cuisinart - will most likely run to Target and get one.

01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:That room had been overtaken by a karaoke group of Americans, the leader whom exclaimed, " Those fuckers in the gun room don't know what they're missing." Hmmmmm... We retired to the gun room . So nice.

Brutus, you should have asked Michael to "give them a slap, and tell `em to shut it".
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
(01-06-2011 12:24 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:That room had been overtaken by a karaoke group of Americans, the leader whom exclaimed, " Those fuckers in the gun room don't know what they're missing." Hmmmmm... We retired to the gun room . So nice.

Brutus, you should have asked Michael to "give them a slap, and tell `em to shut it".

Or something even more drastic, but not sure that solves anything. Tis' a shame too. Some of those places are about the most gorgeous castles and historic places you could ever visit. Why such rudeness in such a place? Of course, the other way to look at it was its there loss to begin with. I soooooo badly want to return to Scotland - its probably my most favorite country in Europe if you ask me!

And thats not The Balvenie talking either.

01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:I soooooo badly want to return to Scotland - its probably my most favorite country in Europe if you ask me!

Boomer - I hope you make it soon mate!

Like my dream of doing Benbecula, Barra etc - just to sit in an old thatch roof crofters cottage, with a peat fire a view of the Atlantic and a locally brewed Scotch.
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Isn't that part of the North Uist? If thats where I think it is, I have seen it. Thru a periscope! Looked beautiful from our viewpoint, but I was on a submarine on the surface about 8 miles from it. Seemed like there were a number of beaches along there as I recall, but that was 27 years ago.

01-06-2011, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 01:30 PM by NWoBHM.)
I think it is - I have a feeling one of our new Subs ran a ground near there the other day.

Ooops, imagine being the 48 year old (I think that was his age) Commander who had to call his boss on that one!!

They, (The Royal Navy) have since taken him off duty.
01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Whoa! I am only 47 (almost - 8 weeks!) and thats the one thing we feared more than anything else except fire.

Any tiem you run any ship aground whatever nationality - they almost always relieve the commander.