Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boy Toys and Girl Toys
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Boy Toys and Girl Toys
I mentioned to my wife that I had to get me one o' these and she remarked that only a boy would want one. Got me to thinkin' that it might make for an interesting discussion on the differences between what a girl would want in her culinary tool kit versus that of the boy.

http://www.blenderblaster.com/blenderblaster/

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
RE: Boy Toys and Girl Toys
My wife said that I could get one too as long as I could cut the lawn with it.
04-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Only a man would get that. Dodgy
04-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Wow! That is definitely for a guy!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Holy cow! That's definitely a guy toy.
04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Definitely a man's toy! I love my Kitchen Aid Professional mixer. It has a 6 quart bowl and I can mix just about anything in it. Bread doughs are so easy to mix up and knead with it! I don't know how I ever baked without one before!
04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
I second the comment on the Kitchen Aid mixer! Any kind of bread dough mixes and kneads perfectly. I've also had the best pie crusts using this mixer too. I told my husband years ago, that I really didn't want appliances as gifts, except this one. I think though, that I'm going to start dropping hints to him that the pasta making attatchment would make an excellent gift this year :^)

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I love my Kitchen Aid mixer! Don't know how I got along without it. I've thought about getting the pasta attachment as well, but I haven't gotten around to it.
04-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Yep, my KA stand mixer is my favorite power tool. It even sounds cool! LOL

I'm after the ice cream bucket, and the meat grinder, in that order. I really like making pasta by hand, but I bet I'd make it more often if I had that attachment ;-)
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
(04-22-2010 05:05 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  Yep, my KA stand mixer is my favorite power tool. It even sounds cool! LOL

I'm after the ice cream bucket, and the meat grinder, in that order. I really like making pasta by hand, but I bet I'd make it more often if I had that attachment ;-)
Looks like KA wins hands down. Oh well , not to worry, I've got one of those too. It's at least ????, 20 years old? If it ain't broke don't fix it, eh? I'm just amazed at how long my Cuisinart pots and my knives have hung in there. All the other toys (other than my so-well-cured cast iron pan. It's indistructable!) seem to have a shorter life expectancy. But I agree with posters: If you spend a little more money initially, you'll end up with a tool that will almost piss you off because it simply wont go away.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'