Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Cooking Light
03-17-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: Cooking Light
(03-17-2014 03:27 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Cooking Light has been a truly meaningful thread for me.

149 lbs down and still going. Keep the ideas coming!

You should post your before and after pictures, at least the current one.
You've worked very hard!!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes, that would be amazing!

Visited the new Doc yesterday. He's about 85 and incredibly strong and healthy. He took a very thorough three hours with me.

He is convinced that sugar is the enemy: causing insulin to rise and fat to be stored. In addition to lower saturated fat he stresses getting insulin levels down and insists that by doing so the extra fat will burn off and triglycerides will decrease dramatically. He is also a big proponent of increasing HDL's through diet as well as taking niacin. Studies indicate that statins alone decrease risk by 30%. Adding niacin to a statin decreased risk by over 90%!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-31-2014, 05:08 PM
For the most part I have removed sugar and most carbs and started "epincisin" as my daughter used to say when she was very small. Lost 17 pounds! So far to go...didn't realize how far I had drifted off!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2014, 02:08 PM
That's great VU. Just remember you have to make it a lifestyle, or you risk winding up in the same old boat.

You can do it...

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
04-30-2014, 11:24 PM
(03-19-2014 10:49 AM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Visited the new Doc yesterday. He's about 85 and incredibly strong and healthy. He took a very thorough three hours with me.

He is convinced that sugar is the enemy:

Processed sugar is DEF the enemy for me...took me 7 loooong years to discover the intensity of my chronic skin condition (eczema) was in direct proportion w/how much processed sugar I was ingesting.

No/very little sugar = buh-bye itchy skin. Krayzee.

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!