Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Cooking Light
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
RE: Cooking Light
I've tried MOST of those products...and I can tell a difference. One my mother tried on me during Thanksgiving. She made this vegetable soup and put vegan turkey sausage in it. The veggie part was awesome - the "sausage"....not so much.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Well a lot of those products aren't that exciting. We usually eat Morning Star patties. Their sausage links, I'm not to crazy about, but the strips make a good substitute in soups & stews. I've been trying some new products that are fairly new in the store that so far are pretty tasty.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
01-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Bagel - let's get this right out there: There is no substitute for red meat. Close door. Weld it shut. Burn the building.
Thank you, and goodnight.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
01-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Can't do the faux meat. I will stick to the real stuff in smaller portions, thank you.
01-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm not saying that there is an adequate substitute for the red meat. All I'm saying is that there are some substitutes that could make the lack of red meat bearable. I'm not a die hard vegetarian. Only in practice, not by conviction . I am not at all sickened when I pass a steak house and smell the steaks cooking!

01-01-2011, 09:24 PM
(01-01-2011 09:22 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  I'm not saying that there is an adequate substitute for the red meat. All I'm saying is that there are some substitutes that could make the lack of red meat bearable. I'm not a die hard vegetarian. Only in practice, not by conviction . I am not at all sickened when I pass a steak house and smell the steaks cooking!
Just giving you grief lil sista Tongue

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
01-01-2011, 09:25 PM
(01-01-2011 09:24 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  
(01-01-2011 09:22 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  I'm not saying that there is an adequate substitute for the red meat. All I'm saying is that there are some substitutes that could make the lack of red meat bearable. I'm not a die hard vegetarian. Only in practice, not by conviction . I am not at all sickened when I pass a steak house and smell the steaks cooking!
Just giving you grief lil sista Tongue

Grief accepted, LOL Big Grin

01-01-2011, 10:02 PM
We dont even open that door in my house. I don't have that problem though. Lulu has a hard time with the vegan stuff - and with her health issues its better for her to have the REAL McCoy.

Man - a steak on the grill right now would be ABSOTIVELY divine!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Well my other half is a believer in the vegetarian way of eating and would like his children to eat that way too. So that's why I hardly eat any meat. I just started eating meat a few months ago, but only twice so far. My husband is currently vegan. None of the rest of us are though. It does make for some creative cooking from this "home chef".

01-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Just use lots of A-1 sis, you'll be flippin the steaks in the back yard in no time. Made me a believer!

Don't talk smack about Total!!