Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Cooking Light
01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
RE: Cooking Light
I eat less red meat...more chicken and turkey. Turkey sausage tastes pretty good.
I can't do the vegetarian thing, too many allergies.

and>>I'm 2 pounds less than I was on Thursday. Less salt and sugar(sweet tea is the beverage of choice down south) than when I was on vacation.
However, it's the same weight that I was before Christmas.
Those 20 pounds still need to come off!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Sweet Tea!!! Yummmmmmmyyyy. Our trip to Daytona from about south of St Louis they kept asking me if I wanted Sweet Tea with my meal.

I have not gotten back to the Y, work ya know - but its on the schedule for tomorrow. Lulu is scheduled for an ILIF procedure on her back - maybe RN knows about it, but this is a hope to get her a little more pain free. My pain is being hawg tied to this desk all day long while the sun is shining!!! Little cold today but its gorgeous outside.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2011, 02:48 PM
(01-02-2011 10:11 AM)boomer Wrote:  Sweet Tea!!! Yummmmmmmyyyy. Our trip to Daytona from about south of St Louis they kept asking me if I wanted Sweet Tea with my meal.

One of my cousins puts 2 cups of sugar in a gallon of tea. It's like syrup!

half a cup of sugar is enough for me!

01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Nettie! That a great job on your 2 down. You go girl! You go girl! You go girl!
Charles has made some changes but my inner chucky is SCREAMING for some icecream. (it's only the best food on the planet period)

Don't talk smack about Total!!
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 03:24 PM by Nettie.)
(01-02-2011 03:02 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Nettie! That a great job on your 2 down. You go girl! You go girl! You go girl!
Charles has made some changes but my inner chucky is SCREAMING for some icecream. (it's only the best food on the planet period)
Thanks!
I've gained and lost that 2 pounds a bizillion times!
Time to keep it off!

On the subject of ice cream:buy a cone, not a gallon.
Then it won't be in the house to tempt you.
Other choices, if you can't stand it:
Lowfat frozen yogurt
Sorbet

01-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Thankyou! And I shall. But first, I'm cutting out aol soda, icecream and energy drinks (I'm like a serious junky on these energy drinks. Always wigged out man)

Today I have the ol' headache! I'm drinking lots of Propel. Thoughts on Propel? Water is just boring.

01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I dont eat ice cream much. On a submarine mans best friend is that ice cream machine. Darn thing ran 24-7 on the entire patrol, and I literally gorged myself on ice cream, but now that I am on this health kick so to speak, the ice cream is very limited. Treat only. If there is half a gallon of it in my house, its usually gone in half an hour.

On one particular trip, we were pulling into Edinburgh/Rosyth Scotland, and as we were coming into the harbor, I come up to the bridge with this HUGE banana split that the OD and I inhaled in less than 5 minutes. Boy was that harbor master PEEEEEE OOOOO'd at us. Something about "you blasted American yanks gulping ice cream in MY Harbor!" All was forgiven over a wee dram or two of some 30 year old good stuff.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
I stole a county court judges sandwich off his desk once while he was on the bench. It was the best turkey and cheese sandwich I ever had. True story.

01-02-2011, 10:32 PM
(01-02-2011 03:30 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Thankyou! And I shall. But first, I'm cutting out aol soda, icecream and energy drinks (I'm like a serious junky on these energy drinks. Always wigged out man)

Today I have the ol' headache! I'm drinking lots of Propel. Thoughts on Propel? Water is just boring.

Do you ever keep a pitcher of water in your fridge with lemon slices in it?

A party without cake is really just a meeting
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
(01-02-2011 03:30 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Thankyou! And I shall. But first, I'm cutting out aol soda, icecream and energy drinks (I'm like a serious junky on these energy drinks. Always wigged out man)

Is the Propel sugar free? if not, it's full of calories.
I've been drinking cold green tea with lemon. It's sweet enough that I can tolerate it without any sugar!
I also bought a bottle of unsweetened ice tea, so I can regulate the sugar.
I'm still trying to break the coca cola habit though..