Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Cooking Light
01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
RE: Cooking Light
The soda I drink isn't diet. I can't tolerate artificial sweetners...so it's caffeinated colored sugar water for me.
I'm trying to switch to drinking tea, so that I can control the sugar, and eventually cut down to where I'm just drinking tea with no sugar.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2011, 09:49 PM
(01-09-2011 02:04 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  The soda I drink isn't diet. I can't tolerate artificial sweetners...so it's caffeinated colored sugar water for me.
I'm trying to switch to drinking tea, so that I can control the sugar, and eventually cut down to where I'm just drinking tea with no sugar.

I know someone who recently tried to stop using sugar in his tea, and now puts a dash of honey in it instead to give it a bit of sweetness still.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
01-09-2011, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 11:05 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
I just drop a hit of acid in mine now and it seems to do the trickSmile
On a serious note. I start journaling all my intakes and workouts today. This has worked well for me in the past. My personality is a bit black&white when it comes to trainning, so I like this type of thing. Ohh boy, I get to weigh in tommorrow. Love that.
My workout are getting back to full swing again. Muscle memory is a funny thing because I'm benching as much now as I was in my prime. Getting back into the same ol' family of suppliments too, like Whey protien isolates, Redline ultra Hardcore liquid RUSH caps!

Maybe if I do this long enough, I can look like John Arrowsmith?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
01-10-2011, 06:00 PM
(01-09-2011 09:49 PM)Rey Wrote:  
(01-09-2011 02:04 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  The soda I drink isn't diet. I can't tolerate artificial sweetners...so it's caffeinated colored sugar water for me.

I know someone who recently tried to stop using sugar in his tea, and now puts a dash of honey in it instead to give it a bit of sweetness still.

-Rey

That works for my hot tea, but I drink it cold at work(we're not allowed to have hot beverages around the kids). I have maybe 1/2 a teaspoon in a 16 ounce cup, so it's far better than soda. I just have to get used to the unsweetened stuff...which may take time.

01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
(01-10-2011 06:00 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(01-09-2011 09:49 PM)Rey Wrote:  

-Rey

That works for my hot tea, but I drink it cold at work(we're not allowed to have hot beverages around the kids). I have maybe 1/2 a teaspoon in a 16 ounce cup, so it's far better than soda. I just have to get used to the unsweetened stuff...which may take time.

oh my, I have not been cooking light lately. Must try again!

01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I was doing really well until the weekend...that dreaded pizza! Boy was it good though. Chicago style with spinach and artichoke...at least that part was good for me Smile
01-17-2011, 09:32 PM
You had me until you said spinach and artichoke......around my house you could get excommunicated for putting that kind of stuff on a pizza. Not saying its bad, we are just a bit more.....traditional.

Another one my dad loves in pizza....anchovies.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh, those are known as "dead fish' at our house. We are pretty open to different ideas for toppings on Pizza, but the anchovies are one item that the family asks not to be put on.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
(01-17-2011 09:32 PM)boomer Wrote:  You had me until you said spinach and artichoke......around my house you could get excommunicated for putting that kind of stuff on a pizza. Not saying its bad, we are just a bit more.....traditional.

Another one my dad loves in pizza....anchovies.

It was a first for me...and it was actually good. Not to mention it was a stuffed crust Chicago style.
01-17-2011, 10:38 PM
(01-17-2011 09:12 PM)RN-PRN Wrote:  I was doing really well until the weekend...that dreaded pizza! Boy was it good though. Chicago style with spinach and artichoke...at least that part was good for me Smile

Yes, I kind of fell off the wagon last weekend too, and to the same temptation, pizza. There is this pizza restaurant near me that has this one table right next to a warm fireplace. When I was there over the holidays someone else had the table, but I noticed it and thought, when I come back I really want to sit there. So I kept thinking about going back and having a pizza at that table by the cozy fire, and no other table would do.

But of course now I am trying to cut down on the eating of the bad fattening stuff. But I really think it was the experience and the atmosphere I was craving too, so she agreed we could go there, but only eat if that table was available. So we pull in, and there is like one car in the parking lot, so I'm thinking, yes! So I go in to have a look, and would you believe that the whole place was empty, except for one family sitting...at that table.

So I go back out to the car and tell her its taken, and I am like, dammit anyway. So I say, maybe they are just finishing up, lets give them 15 minutes. By now she thinks I'm nuts, and says lets just go in and eat, but no, I really wanted that table by the fireplace. So we wait.

I was about ready to give up, when all of a sudden the family came out and drove away. We went in and got the table, right by the warm fire, and the pizza was delicious and the fire reflected in her eyes, all just like I had imagined it. In the end it was all worth it, the waiting and the calories too.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..