Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Cooking Light
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
RE: Cooking Light
Little update for the 30 lb challenge. I'm down 11 baby! Ahyeaboyeeeee!

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2011, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 12:28 PM by Rey.)
(01-18-2011 12:14 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Little update for the 30 lb challenge. I'm down 11 baby! Ahyeaboyeeeee!

Wow, thats really good, you should be proud. I think I'm down like 4 at best.Dodgy
Another idea for eating light. I usually like to have two bowls of Frosted Flakes in the morning (Theeeyyre Grrreat!). I began to wonder how much damage this was really doing. You can look at the calories on the side of the box, but who knows how much is really in my bowl?

So I poured out a bowl full that I would normally eat, then measured it out how much there was with a measuring cup. Then I measured the milk I used too. With the two bowls I was eating, the result was 930 calories, and that was with skim milk.

Well, this was an eye opener. Other breakfast cereals seem to have very similar calories, with some "healthier" ones having even more.

So, an alternative? Cream of Wheat. Each packet of Cream of Wheat is 130 calories, I like to eat two to have a big bowl, so that's 260. And it will stick to your ribs for quite a while.

The Maple Brown Sugar flavor isn't bad, but what I really like is the Apple Cinnamon, although it seems to be really hard to find in the stores, only one carries it.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
(01-18-2011 12:14 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Little update for the 30 lb challenge. I'm down 11 baby! Ahyeaboyeeeee!

Congratulations!!!!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2011, 01:15 PM

Wow!! Great job!! I need to try to step it up a notch..maybe if I add a few more hours in a day I can find more time to work out.
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
You can do it Man - just keep it going, dont let anything stop you or get in your way!

I, unfortunately, have fallen astray a bit. In my defense - going in and out of hospitals, trying to feed kids, and working two jobs has been a bit awful lately, so I am trying to get back on track food wise, but need to get back to the gym and just do some walking and some other cardio.

And if that wasnt enough - the bag I was going to use for my home style cardio went missing.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
(01-18-2011 01:55 PM)boomer Wrote:  You can do it Man - just keep it going, dont let anything stop you or get in your way!

I, unfortunately, have fallen astray a bit. In my defense - going in and out of hospitals, trying to feed kids, and working two jobs has been a bit awful lately, so I am trying to get back on track food wise, but need to get back to the gym and just do some walking and some other cardio.

And if that wasnt enough - the bag I was going to use for my home style cardio went missing.

Listen Boomski, I understand your fear. Your about to lose to Charles Cheese unless you get on the gas babySmile Smile Smile

01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
(01-18-2011 12:45 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  

Congratulations!!!!

Great job!
I have no excuses, except that there was that birthday party on Saturday, and meatloaf on Sunday and....I love to cook!
I'm just not cooking that light this week, but I'm determined totry.

01-18-2011, 09:08 PM
(01-18-2011 03:01 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(01-18-2011 01:55 PM)boomer Wrote:  You can do it Man - just keep it going, dont let anything stop you or get in your way!

Listen Boomski, I understand your fear. Your about to lose to Charles Cheese unless you get on the gas babySmile Smile Smile

Gas? I have gas?

If you is a challenging me, game on man.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
01-19-2011, 12:54 AM
A brotherly love kind of challenge. Yes! We start day one today?

01-19-2011, 09:07 AM
My husby brought home a rather large box of donuts last night. Trying to resist! Trying.
Hoping that my slender kids will eat them all and get them out

A party without cake is really just a meeting