• 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your "food weakness"?
05-06-2011, 04:10 PM
RE: What is your "food weakness"?
Food is my food weakness......

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 08:57 PM by 2Beers.)
Sorry, saw the word Widmer and thought you ment cheese, only to realize for you guys it means beer. Smile

http://www.widmerscheese.com

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
(05-06-2011 08:54 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Sorry, saw the word Widmer and thought you ment cheese, only to realize for you guys it means beer. Smile

http://www.widmerscheese.com

I thought that name looked familiar....I had to park near the store for a few of my nephew's church functions.

05-09-2011, 08:08 PM
(05-06-2011 02:07 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  I've found the 5 pound bricks at Costco for around $12.45. Actually a better deal than Winco has when you add it up.

Tillamook and Widmer.............sounds like the beginnings of a care package

Bageleth, we really need to hook a brutha up! I'll help...Poor Boomer's been homesick ever since we met him Wink

"I will quietly resist."
05-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Gainful employment somewhere between Eugene and Portland would work???

You are right...'Ol Boomer and his Missus are extremely homesick. We were watching something on tv last night about how people are Pisces have a natural attraction to the sea, and that fits both of us square on.

Um...2B.....Widmer is beer dear. Stick a lemon in it and sip sip sip away all summer long. That Leinies stuff they make in LaCrosse just isn't the same!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
06-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes, I eat too much and I've gotten fat! Cheese (the good stuff) and chocolate (also the good stuff) get me every time. I'm also a sucker for good pasta.
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Rice Krispey Treats...can't go anywhere near the things or it's all over but the crying.

I've sat myself down with an entire pyrex casserole dish full, and shoved that sublime delicacy down my cake hole until the roof of my mouth was a shredded, bloody mess.

And in my feverish state, I still wanted more...Blush

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Extra Large Meat and Cheese Covered Pizzas....ahhgg...can't eat another bite...not right now anyway

"One ounce perception...One pound obscure"
08-06-2012, 06:07 PM
What's my weakness? Any sweet bakery item that doesn't have my list of allergens in it....they are so rare, which means, I have to make them most of the time.
So if someone else takes the time to make something that I can have....I just can't stop at one serving.

08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Warm lemon pie filling from a mix (Sherriff) has always been my default comfort food.

A close second is something I've never seen in the U.S. but which up here in Canuckland is a close second to Rice Krispie treats.

You take a cup of crunchy PB, a package of butterscotch chips, and a half-cup of margarine and melt it all together. Grease up an 8 x 8 pan, toss in 2/3 of a bag of multicoloured marshmallows, and pour the melted stuff on top. Stir gently in the pan, stick it in the 'fridge, and cut into pieces when necessary.

For someone with not much of a sweet tooth, I love this stuff: in my family, it's known as guck....

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....