Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Superbowl Party
01-20-2011, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 07:15 PM by 2Beers.)
Superbowl Party
Well, it seems that Brutus was gracious enough to invite all of us to his place to celebrate the Superbowl and his Birthday. So I thought I'd bring:

Stinky Breath Pretzels, BAR Cheese Spread w/ Crackers and
Pina Colada Slush

Stinky Breath Pretzels:
2 - 16 oz bags of small pretzels(NOT the thin sticks)
1 - 16 oz bottle of Orville Redenbacher's Popping & Topping
Buttery Flavor Popcorn Oil*
1- 1.0 oz package of Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Dressing*
2 tsp. Garlic Powder*
1 tsp. Onion Powder*
1 tsp. Dill Weed*
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of a Season Salt(like Lawry's)*
1/2 tsp. Frank's Hot Sauce*

In a bowl mix* ingredients well. Put the pretzels in a large container and pour on the mix and stir , stir until all pretzels are coated. Then store in a large sealed container or ex large ziploc bags. Allow them to set for 24 hours or a bit more, but stir them occasionally to keep the oil mix coating them.

BAR Cheese Spread:
8 oz. Cream Cheese - softened-
1 tsp. Worchestershire Sauce
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Hot Sun Mix*
2 TBSP Fresh Parsley - chopped fine-
1 scallion( green onion) - chopped fine-
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese - shredded -

*Hot Sun Mix--3 tsp. Pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. lemon peel- finely grated- all mixed together well.

mix all the ingredients together well, chill for a few hours in the refrigerator and serve with crackers of choice.

Pina Colada Slush:
46 oz of canned Pineapple Juice (Dole)
12 oz frozen can of Lemonade- thawed-
2 Cups of Pina Colada Pre-Made Mix
2 cups of Rum (light or dark your choice) or Vodka

Mix all the ingredients together well and then store in a freezer 5 quart friendly container. Freeze for 24 hours or more.

To serve scoop some of the slush base into a glass ad then top off with a Creme Soda or 7-UP (white soda).

Here in WISC we have a soda called Graf's White Swiss Cream that goes well as the mixing liquid, but A&W's Cream should work well too.

So what's everyone else bringing?Big Grin

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
RE: Superbowl Party
I am working that night..could you package some of that up and send it my way Wink
01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Well lemme see......

First off, we always do the po boy cheese and meat platter. Those of you who asked for the Pay It Forward will discover what I mean. Amana smoked stuff, with cheeses about 3 varieties. Thanks to HWG I will finally have some Oregon cheese this year. We always do the simplest stuff, because we want to concentrate on the GAME, so a big ol dish of that con ceso dip for the chippers, followed by a main dish of chili, chicken wings homemade, or some chicken slices fried up. Also included will be some smoked ham cheesey rolls - just add either cream cheese of some flavor or make your own and roll it up in some Amana smoked ham slices.

Coronas and margaritas! This year probably margaritas, frozen, with a dash of tequila on top. Like I said - simple as possible, especially with Mrs B recovering from surgery.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Ok, I will be expecting pictures of this great sounding food!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
(01-20-2011 08:29 PM)boomer Wrote:  Well lemme see......

First off, we always do the po boy cheese and meat platter. Those of you who asked for the Pay It Forward will discover what I mean. Amana smoked stuff, with cheeses about 3 varieties. Thanks to HWG I will finally have some Oregon cheese this year. We always do the simplest stuff, because we want to concentrate on the GAME, so a big ol dish of that con ceso dip for the chippers, followed by a main dish of chili, chicken wings homemade, or some chicken slices fried up. Also included will be some smoked ham cheesey rolls - just add either cream cheese of some flavor or make your own and roll it up in some Amana smoked ham slices.

Coronas and margaritas! This year probably margaritas, frozen, with a dash of tequila on top. Like I said - simple as possible, especially with Mrs B recovering from surgery.

What can I say but "YUM!!!!"

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM
We'll keep it simple,a pizza(homemade) at halftime, maybe some good soda or beer(locally brewed).

01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I will bring the micro brew and Dinosaur barbecue sauce.
01-23-2011, 05:43 PM
I'll bring the Winning team: GO PACK GO!

01-23-2011, 05:47 PM
(01-23-2011 05:43 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I'll bring the Winning team: GO PACK GO!

Awesome Awesome! Way to go Pack - back in the saddle again!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
01-24-2011, 01:08 AM
Is it selfish of me to say that I am thrilled the Bears lost so I don't have to watch any more football? I cannot stand sports. Thought that by getting with a creative musician type I was leaving the sports arena behind. Total shocker came after I was already deeply in love that he is a 'trifecta' guy - basketball, football, AND baseball. He HAS to watch every Illini basketball game, most Bears games, and we do catch Cardinals games on a regular basis.

I was totally scarred on sports by my ex who spent hours every night on his football obsession. It's not that bad here, but I still get highly irritated with the whole sports scene. I guess I don't understand any hobby that takes up that much of a person's time and energy. I also don't like having my schedule dictated to me - we can't do ANYTHING on Sunday at noon because of "X" game being on - MAN I hate hearing that...