Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge
04-17-2011, 05:14 PM
RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge
(04-17-2011 03:35 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  We're doing Sleep Country TOO!
I promised one of my nephew's that I would take him to his first concert, and he's going on his senior trip at the time of the Sleep Country show, so I'm going to road trip him to The Gorge for that one.
Why do I need to do both? Well...
1) Why not see both!
2) My hubby has friends that are going to Sleep Country and we said we'd go with them.
3) Why not see both!
Big Grin

I saw S&A three times like that: first go 'round at SC, then next go 'round, it was The Gorge and SC the following evening. I love a road trip! I'd do it again, but my guy just hates that drive back from Yakima, and we always stay the night at my Mom's place after a show up there.

I'd love to meet you for beverages, and anyone else who's attending Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2011, 08:22 PM
(04-17-2011 05:14 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  
(04-17-2011 03:35 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  We're doing Sleep Country TOO!
I promised one of my nephew's that I would take him to his first concert, and he's going on his senior trip at the time of the Sleep Country show, so I'm going to road trip him to The Gorge for that one.
Why do I need to do both? Well...
1) Why not see both!
2) My hubby has friends that are going to Sleep Country and we said we'd go with them.
3) Why not see both!
Big Grin

I saw S&A three times like that: first go 'round at SC, then next go 'round, it was The Gorge and SC the following evening. I love a road trip! I'd do it again, but my guy just hates that drive back from Yakima, and we always stay the night at my Mom's place after a show up there.

I'd love to meet you for beverages, and anyone else who's attending Big Grin

Ohh, we could! Big Grin
You'll know me by my spiffy Bubba's bowling shirt I'm all ready planning on wearing. I got the purdy turquoise one. I was thinking about going to get it personalized like a regular league shirt...thought that'd be kinda fun!

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
04-17-2011, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2011 10:39 PM by Scythe Matters.)
Why not see both indeed? Big Grin

We are going to Vancouver, too. And if a ticket should happen to come up for SC, I might just drive down there, too!

For the Gorge show, we'll be staying at a hotel in Quincy, arriving around mid-afternoon. I don't know the restaurant sitch there but we could try to plan a meet-up....?

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
04-18-2011, 09:15 AM
(04-17-2011 10:38 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Why not see both indeed? Big Grin

We are going to Vancouver, too. And if a ticket should happen to come up for SC, I might just drive down there, too!

For the Gorge show, we'll be staying at a hotel in Quincy, arriving around mid-afternoon. I don't know the restaurant sitch there but we could try to plan a meet-up....?

Oh dear.
Well, Quincy is not quite a one-horse town, but close!
There is a pizza place, subway, one or two mexican resturants, and a Micky D's if I remember correctly.
We opted for Ellensburg since I'm coming to this show with a BIL (with 2 sons) who lives in Seattle, and my hubby and I (and 2 nephews) are coming up from OR.
I will also be riding herd on 4 teenagers (and for two of them this will be their first concert EVER!Big Grin)
We'll figure something out....Confused

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
04-18-2011, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2011 10:04 AM by Neilbubbachuck.)
Brutus, I wish I had 1/8 of your memeories with all the rides, shows, people, sites, sounds and most important of all, the smells. Like Hershey park, Lake placid, oceans, Florida orange grooves at night, Long Island, Farms in the early summer, fresh cut lawns, skunk in the distance, perfect!

Don't talk smack about Total!!
04-18-2011, 01:44 PM
(04-17-2011 08:22 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  Ohh, we could! Big Grin
You'll know me by my spiffy Bubba's bowling shirt I'm all ready planning on wearing. I got the purdy turquoise one. I was thinking about going to get it personalized like a regular league shirt...thought that'd be kinda fun!
Sweet! We can PM digits or something Big Grin
I can't decide which one I want, and was thinking of doing the same thing! If I get it, I'll wear it. I have the girly tee already Wink

Scythe Matters, they just opened up the lawn at Sleep Country last week. It was going to be covered seating only. Come on down!
04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm gonna be with my wife, friend from werk, and Mary (Grrrl!) and Ellie from PDX. We'll prolly take the back roads outta there (opposite direction everyone else has to go) and camp near the Quincy lakes chain for the eve. Although, they're offering camping at the site, I'd rather not pay since I know nice spots really close to the amphitheater.
04-20-2011, 01:29 AM
(04-18-2011 09:15 AM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  Oh dear.
Well, Quincy is not quite a one-horse town, but close!
There is a pizza place, subway, one or two mexican resturants, and a Micky D's if I remember correctly.
We opted for Ellensburg since I'm coming to this show with a BIL (with 2 sons) who lives in Seattle, and my hubby and I (and 2 nephews) are coming up from OR.
I will also be riding herd on 4 teenagers (and for two of them this will be their first concert EVER!Big Grin)
We'll figure something out....Confused

Well, those all sound okay to me (save Mickey D's). Let's throw the idea around and see what shakes out, shall we? I'd love to meet up with as many people as possible. This will be my daughter's 2nd Rush show but first show at the Gorge. Maybe she and your teens will hit it off Big Grin

(04-18-2011 01:44 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  Scythe Matters, they just opened up the lawn at Sleep Country last week. It was going to be covered seating only. Come on down!
I may very well do that! I'm trying to keep options open for a close-up ticket but if the lawn is it, then what the hey? As we get closer to the show date, I'll keep in touch regarding meet-ups. Thanks Smile

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
It looks like Hannibal & I will be at the Sleep Country show as well. At least that's the plan. The tickets are bought, so now I have a trip to look forward to!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
(05-09-2011 10:25 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  It looks like Hannibal & I will be at the Sleep Country show as well. At least that's the plan. The tickets are bought, so now I have a trip to look forward to!

Excellent! Big Grin

"I will quietly resist."