Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge
05-10-2011, 07:52 PM
RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge
(05-10-2011 03:51 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  
(05-09-2011 10:25 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  It looks like Hannibal & I will be at the Sleep Country show as well. At least that's the plan. The tickets are bought, so now I have a trip to look forward to!

Excellent! Big Grin

Hurray!!Big Grin

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Well, 62 days to go.

I have a ticket available. You have to sit with me, my Hubby and Janie but we are in row 15 on Al's side. If interested, PM me.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
05-13-2011, 10:35 PM
(05-13-2011 03:56 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Well, 62 days to go.

I have a ticket available. You have to sit with me, my Hubby and Janie but we are in row 15 on Al's side. If interested, PM me.

Janie? you are sitting with Janie. That will be so fun!
and funny too...Drooling over Al. sigh.

05-14-2011, 03:00 AM
(05-13-2011 10:35 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(05-13-2011 03:56 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Well, 62 days to go.

Janie? you are sitting with Janie. That will be so fun!
and funny too...Drooling over Al. sigh.

Yep! And my dear Hubby will put up with us. What a guy! Big Grin

05-29-2011, 02:29 PM
One month away from the mattress company amphitheater show!
I need to make my lists of what to take, what to send with the kids when they go to my friend's house, and figure out where we want to go on the day after (besides Powell's Bookstore)

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2011, 12:00 PM
(05-29-2011 02:29 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  One month away from the mattress company amphitheater show!
I need to make my lists of what to take, what to send with the kids when they go to my friend's house, and figure out where we want to go on the day after (besides Powell's Bookstore)

Are there any suggestions for something else to see in Portland? I'd like to see the China Town area too.

06-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Less than a month!!! But, Janie had to back out. Sad

06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
(05-30-2011 12:00 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Are there any suggestions for something else to see in Portland? I'd like to see the China Town area too.

Powell's is always fabulous!

Sadly, about the only thing left that's "Chinatown" is the Gate and the Gardens. Many of the businesses moved out to SE 82nd Undecided There are still a couple of good restaurants (The Republic is my fave), and some gift shops, but don't hang around in Chinatown after dark. Seriously. The Gardens are great any time of year. This link may be helpful...
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Nor...-BR-1.html

There's not a lot to do in PDX during the week...downtown, it's all about the weekend, with Saturday Market and various Waterfront Park events...

"I will quietly resist."
06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
(06-02-2011 03:18 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  
(05-30-2011 12:00 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Are there any suggestions for something else to see in Portland? I'd like to see the China Town area too.

Sadly, about the only thing left that's "Chinatown" is the Gate and the Gardens. Many of the businesses moved out to SE 82nd Undecided There are still a couple of good restaurants (The Republic is my fave), and some gift shops, but don't hang around in Chinatown after dark. Seriously. The Gardens are great any time of year. This link may be helpful...

There's not a lot to do in PDX during the week...downtown, it's all about the weekend, with Saturday Market and various Waterfront Park events...

Thank you for the link! It's very helpful.

Powell's is definitely on the list! We stopped there last year on our way home from Seattle (for a particular show) and that bookstore is amazing!

I think that while up there this time, a trip to VooDoo Donuts will be in order, and I was thinking that maybe, if the weather is decent, and if my husby is feeling up to it, maybe seeing Multnomah Falls. Just thinking about that one for now.

06-02-2011, 05:19 PM
(06-02-2011 03:49 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(06-02-2011 03:18 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  

Thank you for the link! It's very helpful.

Powell's is definitely on the list! We stopped there last year on our way home from Seattle (for a particular show) and that bookstore is amazing!

I think that while up there this time, a trip to VooDoo Donuts will be in order, and I was thinking that maybe, if the weather is decent, and if my husby is feeling up to it, maybe seeing Multnomah Falls. Just thinking about that one for now.

Ooooh, Multnomah Falls! My Grandmother lived in Seaside, OR and we used to go to the falls on the way up. Also, Acola(?) Park and Tillamook Head. Nice memories.

2 weeks from today I'm going to see (for the 1st time) a certain band who's stopping in Phoenix!!!!!!!!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...