Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge
08-27-2011, 08:51 PM
RE: Saturday, July 2nd @ The Gorge
are you sure that wasn't me last year? That show was MY first and I was sobbing like crazy the first few numbers. Funny though you mention Ayrton Senna, one of the most prolific F1 drivers of our time. I had nothing but admiration for his methodology and his racing career, but was almost devastated by his death. He was taken way too soon but I remember he did a tv interview with David Hobbs and he said that very thing. After he died I had to remind myself the lessons that we could all learn from such great influences.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy was from Green Bay, WI. Big Grin I was in tears myself by the time they played Marathon...what's a hack runner to do, sayin?Tongue

I was on the first row stage left(looking at the stage, guess that makes it stage rightTongue) just to the left of the stairs in the stand...where were you enjoying the concert from?

I fell in love with Ayrton's no regret style of racing. I remember when Michael Schumacher(another great) broke a record of his and broke down at the after race interview(it had me in tears...and I am not a personal fan of his, although I respect the BEEJEEZUS out of his talent). No matter whether or not one likes the Schu...one must respect the talent. This is what I admire, a true talent in all, that comes along every so often.

Oh look...here I go babbling again.Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
08-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Schu has talent, and he has loads of ability, but Ayrton was the Zen Master. Period. He had such finesse in the car, He had such ability I think he could drive circles around Schu/ IMHO.

I wasn't nearly that close. I was on the landing just behind the front sections. Kinda like about half way back but center so when the show started all I really saw was the stage. Did you remember seeing the moon rising up behind the arena? That was totally cool.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-27-2011, 09:57 PM
You're welcome, smoker guy and boomer! It brought back some wonderful memories for me, too. My daughter's girlfriend (the one with the glasses in that pic I posted) was drop-jawed and rapt as Bubba played. When the kit rotated, her jaw dropped even more and she said OMFG (UN-abbreviated). It was so great to watch her see her first Rush show.

Yes, I did notice that Bubba is always thinking a split second ahead of himself. Doing calculus while running a marathon Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
08-28-2011, 09:21 AM
(08-27-2011 09:25 PM)boomer Wrote:  Schu has talent, and he has loads of ability, but Ayrton was the Zen Master. Period. He had such finesse in the car, He had such ability I think he could drive circles around Schu/ IMHO.

I wasn't nearly that close. I was on the landing just behind the front sections. Kinda like about half way back but center so when the show started all I really saw was the stage. Did you remember seeing the moon rising up behind the arena? That was totally cool.

Yes I do remember the moon rise. It was definitely a great show that night. I agree with you on Senna's ability 100% as well.

09-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm still amazed that I'm the only one who recorded this show. How did that happen?

Bake Dat B*tch!!!

[Image: baconfish.jpg]
09-03-2011, 12:40 PM
(09-02-2011 07:00 PM)Renaissance Man Wrote:  I'm still amazed that I'm the only one who recorded this show. How did that happen?

I would say that its because you were thinking proactively...the rest of us did the V8 forehead slap and said, "why didn't I think of recording?":D

09-03-2011, 04:53 PM
There are lots of videos of the show on youtube. Several were taken by someone who was standing directly behind me in the second row. Just type in 'sektaran gorge' and you'll find his stuff!