Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Weather Thread
04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
RE: The Weather Thread
Um.

I am looking forward a bit. Next Tuesday is a rather important date. Looks like good weather for the trip to Chicago and coming home.
Wonder if I'll remember my ticket.....???

[Image: silvdolf.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2011, 01:26 AM
(04-06-2011 07:59 PM)boomer Wrote:  Um.

I am looking forward a bit. Next Tuesday is a rather important date. Looks like good weather for the trip to Chicago and coming home.

No worries if you do......go up to security and flash your green admin triple A pass......sorted.Smile

Living the dream over here in Blighty
04-07-2011, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 07:57 AM by Rey.)
(04-07-2011 01:26 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(04-06-2011 07:59 PM)boomer Wrote:  Um.

No worries if you do......go up to security and flash your green admin triple A pass......sorted.Smile

What on earth are you guys talking about? Lets see, ummm, tuesday, tuesday, I'm drawing a blank, no wait, oh yes! The National Tupperware Convention at McCormick Place! How could I have forgot? Didn't know you guys were going. Awesome! You know they are going to have the new Salad on the Go set out this year in new colors? See you guys there! Meet me over by the Jell-O Molds section.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, Hot metal and oil, The scented country air
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:The National Tupperware Convention
........There is nothing sissy about the National Tupperware Convention......like the Women`s Auxilliary Balloon Core...........It rawks!!!!!

04-07-2011, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 08:50 PM by Rey.)
Exclamation The tension mounts.Exclamation
Going to be a fun weekend.

From AccuWeather:
"The second major severe weather outbreak in less than a week is forecast by AccuWeather.com meteorologists to begin in the Midwest Saturday night.
In what is likely to produce hundreds of severe weather incidents ranging from large hail to tornadoes, there will again be major risks to lives and property in over a dozen states. People are going to want to take this severe weather outbreak very seriously."

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/st...r-ou-1.asp

04-07-2011, 10:59 AM
That doesn`t look too good mate(s)

04-07-2011, 08:39 PM
National Tupperware Convention? Why would I go to my mothers me club? ICK!

No thilly wabbit - there is a Whisky Convention next week, but I can't remember what the other event is...??? Old age I guess.

04-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Exclamation Weather News Exclamation

For those in the Midwest U.S.

From Accuweather:

"Powerful thunderstorms are forecast to fire from Oklahoma to Iowa Saturday afternoon. The storms will bring the risks of very large hail and high wind gusts along with the usual blinding downpour and lightning strike threats. Hail up to the size of baseballs could fall on a few communities, while golf ball-sized hail could hit other areas inflicting serious damage to vehicle and smashing windows of homes. High wind gusts will be the most common threat Saturday afternoon and evening. The winds could push trees onto cars and into homes. Sporadic power outages are also to be expected. It is possible repeating severe thunderstorms will stretch from Iowa and southern Minnesota to the southern Lower Peninsula of Michigan and into northern Ohio Saturday night. If this occurs, there is the potential for flash flooding along with the wind and hail threats.

Sunday Could be the Worst Day for Tornadoes:

Indeed Saturday could be just the start of a major outbreak of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes Sunday into Monday. It could be a long and trying weekend for emergency response crews. The worst of the storm and the greatest tornado risk may focus from Missouri northward to central Wisconsin on Sunday. There is a chance this area could be hit by a swarm of powerful storms featuring strong tornadoes. As if this were not enough, where winds line up at the surface and aloft, powerful gusts without thunderstorms may kick up a lot of dust over drought-stricken areas of the southern High Plains."

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/st...wl-sat.asp

Sometimes they say all this stuff, get us all worked up, and nothing happens at all. So we shall see!

-Rey

04-08-2011, 11:22 AM
We'll have to keep a close eye on it, but I too have seen these weather guys blow smoke all over the place....and nothin'.

04-08-2011, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 12:49 PM by bonaire.)
Raining here in PA. Rush is in Hershey, PA today and the last time they played this venue - it was raining about 1/2" or more that evening. I think that was Oct 25. 2002. I took my wife and her friend to the show. I talked to her about it today and she said "we never saw Rush in Hershey". We live in different universes, I guess :-) She even bought the tickets for us that time - I was not at home and she use Ticketmaster and did the ordering.