Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Photography
03-14-2011, 06:36 PM
RE: Photography
(03-14-2011 05:34 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(03-14-2011 05:28 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  I beg to differ - Since I built this beast, I have never had a Trojan or any sort of bug make it past my defenses.
Although I do like the Macs...

Love Macs too - although if I am honest I know my way faster around a PC than a Mac. Bill Gates might be a clever bloke when it comes to software development and globilisation, but he his pants when it comes to design, Jobs kicks his $ss with that!

So did you build your PC, or are you affliliated with the Grill defence system?? Dont forget Cyberdine Systems...........
(03-14-2011 05:30 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Quick test:

http://community.webshots.com/user/beowolfff

This is my old Webshots account folder. Let me know if it causes you any grief trying to enter.
Also - please let me know if you encounter any issues with bugs, etc. and I will move accordingly.

*click on "Life as I know it"

Well I had a go mate, but did not see the "life as I know it" folder, and as far as I know I didnt get zapped with anything. I am on the PC however at the moment, and not the mighty Mac Book Pro!!!

My last two systems have been Alienware systems. People might knock them for price, but I have never had any issues with trojans or bugs or anything like that. The last system I built was ok, but the Alienware systems are just killer. IMHO.

Like the view on the beach. The water ain't too bad neither!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2011, 07:22 PM
NWo - you mentioned Cybordyne Systems?

These guys are FAR more scary. http://www.lockheedmartin.com/aboutus/organization.html
We were a subsidiary of them for years. One thing I will say about them; they told us at the all hands meeting:
"Whatever you guys are doing - just continue doing, and you will never know we are here."
We did - and we didn't.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Well what do you know, a photo thread after all. Okay I will try one out here. This is one I took of the Kansas City skyline. There is some great lawn cross hatching for DD.Smile

[Image: KansasCity.jpg]

-Rey
03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Great Skyline Rey!

@Mufasa, I had no problem bringing up the link to your pics.............and in case anyone is curious, I'm using a PC Smile

A party without cake is really just a meeting
03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I was able to bring it up as well...and I'm a PC Wink
LOL Rey!!! Great call-back!!

Been there many times; the most memorable being 1999 at Skies / Hyatt.
Before Cujo and I were married, we racked up mucho Sky Miles between Oz and Savannah.
This one time, at Skies... well - perhaps I should send you a PM.

(03-14-2011 07:39 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Great Skyline Rey!

@Mufasa, I had no problem bringing up the link to your pics.............and in case anyone is curious, I'm using a PC Smile

same here, I can get the link too. I also have a PC... but my roomate is a tech, so if I have a problem, she knows how to fix it. I also have all of the latest greatest antiviruses and anti-malware programs available on it.

03-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Alienware rocks. Even when they were a fledgling group, they were bad arsess. They simply built bulletproof systems that would rape anything else out there with sheer speed, graphics and memory.
It's been possible to build a beast for under $500 for quite some time now.

03-14-2011, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 11:00 PM by Rey.)
Thanks. Now lets see some pictures from you all. It doesn't have to be good, just creative. Or, it doesn't have to be creative, just good. Or really, it just has to be a picture that you took that you really like, perfect or not. I used Photobucket for the picture above. Its free, then you just put the IMG code in your post here, and the picture pops up like magic.

Here are some photo posting guidelines I came up with:

Be sure your photo is hosted on one of the photo sites like Photobucket or others similar, then the photos won’t use up the space and bandwidth here at the Bar ‘n’ Grill.

When posting a photo, try to use the code that allows the photo to appear right in the thread, instead of just a link to somewhere else. That way the thread itself becomes a viewing platform. There are no set rules on this, but clicking a link is an added step that many won’t bother with, and you wouldn’t want your photos to miss out and be overlooked.

Try to post just one photo at a time, unless its part of a series, so there are not too many photos from any one person all at once. Pick a favorite that you would like to showcase, and maybe write a few sentences why you like it. If you have more photos you would like to show, you can always make another post and show another later.

Comments about others photos are always welcome, but try to keep them tasteful and constructive. Most here are not photography pros, but like to see it as a hobby and have some fun. There is no need to point out every flaw and be derogatory, but general photography discussion and how we can all improve our techniques is welcome.

Flickr posting help:

There seems to be some difficulty getting a Flickr photo to automatically display, Bageleth mentioned this problem also. I tried playing around with it, and this seems to work:

Go to your Flickr page and click on the photo that you want to display in the forum. Above the photo on the left you will see the word "Actions", then an envelope icon, facebook icon, twitter icon, to the right of that a down arrow.

Click on that down arrow to open a dropdown menu, at the bottom there you will see "Grab the HTML/BB code", click on that, then you will see some code in the box, at the bottom there you will see two buttons, "HTML" or "BBCode", choose the BBCode. Right above there choose the display size of the photo, large seems to work good.

Then on the code in the box above where you picked the size, right click (it will turn blue), in this menu choose Copy, then right click and paste the code into your message here in the forum.

But of course, if you prefer just a link, that's fine there are no rules on that, Its just my opinion that more people will see the photo if an additional click isn't necessary, as some readers might not bother to click it.

-Rey
03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
We'll see how long my "new" system I got last December lasts. My last Alien lasted 6 years still going, although it might be time for a vid card before too long. The display is starting to cut out in mid subdivision design.

Here are just a couple samples of my "shutterbug" work. I have more but its scattered over about 4 TB of hard drive space between about 3 hard drives. Don't ask.

[Image: 5528169934_1dfe58fa28_b.jpg]

Viewpoint in the Mississippi Palisades State Park.

[Image: 5527576649_4d73667e5d_b.jpg]

The Cathedral of St Paul in St Paul, Minnesota. The interior of this church is just exsquisite!

[Image: 5528168630_4df4df7cd5_b.jpg]

A winter view of the frosty trees outside my office window. The benches you see in the foreground are a dedication to an engineer who passed away recently from lung cancer.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"