Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Bar
03-26-2011, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2011 10:01 PM by Nettie.)
The Bar
Welcome to the bar, What'll you have?
not to be confused with Continually Off,
order a drink and tell us a tale of your past, or
one of the present.

I'll have a rootbeer.

Pull up a barstool.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2011, 01:47 AM
RE: The Bar
Hey hey hey, wacha doin?

(pounds the bar) Water! Make it strong!

Hehehe you sure are a purdy thing. I like butterflies. Butterflies make me happy and make my stomach feel kinda funny. Butterflies are special. I'm special......

...hey! Wait I'm kidding! Come back! I'm only kidding...

Wad I say? Hmm must be she's with the guy with the Harley who's staring at me funnyWink

Don't talk smack about Total!!
03-27-2011, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2011 04:25 AM by NWoBHM.)
One more? yeah OK go on? And a large snifter with it? Why not, a Talisker for me......If the misses `phones, tell `er I left arf an hour ago............

My local where I have "propped the bar up" for more than 30 years - actually we bought our first Black and White cottage (350 year old farm workers cottage) - off the old barman.......

[Image: TalbotPictures-Scott015.jpg]

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2011, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2011 05:25 AM by NWoBHM.)
Here you go Rey, Whiskey sour, 2Beers, pint of ale......now I will tell you the story of how I met my future wife....

Back in the late Eighties, I found myself dumped from the relationship I had been in for nearly 7 years, and kicked out of the house where I had lived all that time. Oddly enough, my drums were never allowed to move in, (and that is telling in its own right on reflection), so at least I did`nt have to move them out too.

So after relocating me and my drums to a new gaff, I would go out on the town with my brother, (who had similarly been dumped) and his mate who was a solicitor. Now this bloke, was pretty opinionated, articulate, and confident, times about 10 because he was a solicitor, and forever using his wisdom to correct, (put me down) on things.

I would wind him up by telling him I was a rock star, which infuriated him, as he could clearly see I was`nt, and yet there was more than a grain of truth in it.

Per the usual routine we three were down town at a bar on one Friday night, when in walked a stunningly beautiful girl in her late teens, long legs, (what we used to refer as "fit as a butchers dog"), long dark naturally curly hair - the spitting image of Julia Roberts, which I have mentioned before - Pretty Woman was about to be released which meant the standard lads chat up line was, "you look like Julia Roberts", thereafter, (but by then of course it was too late for them).

The solicitor bloke, being the guy he was "pounced" on her and started his "routine" for chatting up women - sending me to the bar to get the drinks - (leaving him free to work his wonders). When I returned with the drinks he decided we should all be introduced, and so leading the way, introduced himself, adding the "Solicitor at Law", then introduced my brother with another fanciful title like "Business Management guru", and then onto me, setting me up for the laugh and fall which was bound to follow, he introduced me, adding the "famous rock drummer", to which she would say, "really I have never heard of you".

To his total dismay and my total surprise, she replied, "Oh yes I know you, I have seen your band a few times, are`nt you recording at the moment?" I could not believe it, the solicitor was furious, (and actually never got over it).

We moved in together and maybe a year later I said I would like to move to New York to chance my arm, or arms I supose, as a Session Drummer - Tan said she would come with me, pretty much she would follow me where ever life took us - and for that and many other reasons I loved her, still do, and we got married a few years after that. My previous girlfriend in similar discussions about would she come with me touring etc, was emphatically "no"

So we have been together now 22 years, married for 19 years, and two beautiful daughters. We never did go to NYC, (well I have been on business, and have played the drums there, and Philly, played them in the Caribbean, even played them at a bar in Vietnam near the Perfume River - but not professionally, just blagging a go on the acts drums) At a bar in Taiwan an American punter, who had liked the drum solo I had just done shouted, "You gotta be American Buddy", to which I replied in my best James Bond accent, "er no, I am English actually".......I still hold onto that dream, but wonder if it will ever happen, and rather than dreaming looking forward, I seem to be dreaming looking backwards, if that makes sense.

Blimey.......thats just bored the pants off everybody........It`s your round Rey, I`ll have what 2Beers is having.........

Living the dream over here in Blighty
03-27-2011, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2011 09:02 AM by 2Beers.)
Nettie, can we make sure NBC has a designated driver. NWo thanks for the 1st round I'll get the next one ,oh and I'll take some salt n' vinegar crisps please. When the Hubby was working for Uncle Sam he brought me home some proper crisps, sadly they just aren't the same here across the pond.

Well It looks like Rey must be chatting with the other patrons so I'll tell my tale of love....
When they talk about people crossing paths well ours did even when we were kids. 1st time I saw my husband I was a tag-along with my Grandmother were she taught first graders there was assembly in the gym and he was in the other first grade class group sitting a few feet from me. The next time was in summer time while I was 9 years old and was staying with a cousin. I looked outside the windows and asked who that was mowing the lawn across the street and my cousin said " oh, it's the neighbor's grandson he is always over there helping out". Our next meeting was a blind date. My friend and I went to rival high schools during that summer she asked if I wanted to go on a double date to the movies with her and her boyfriend who had a nice guy friend I said sure, at this time I was 13. We hit it off and became friends until the following March when he called stammering and stuttering asking me to be his girlfriend. This August we will have been married for 25 years and as of this March a couple for 30 years. We are still in love with each other have had lots of adventures and other stories to tell plus we have 2 wonderful daughters and look forward to our future. Whoosh.... Barkeep pull me another please and Rey I believe it's your turn.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-27-2011, 11:32 AM
2Beers, NBC IS the designated driver...
and he was drinking rootbeer.

sugar high.lol

03-27-2011, 11:51 AM
(03-27-2011 01:47 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Wad I say? Hmm must be she's with the guy with the Harley who's staring at me funnyWink

That would most likely be me!?!?!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
03-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey. Hey. It was Water!

And I got stopped by the Pink Police on the way home! Some rookie, never met him. The Kid locked me up! WHAT!!!!

2beers, I wish you had called that DD!! Trust me..............................................

Don't talk smack about Total!!
03-27-2011, 12:00 PM
(03-27-2011 11:55 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Hey. Hey. It was Water!

oh yeah, so I can't even claim sugar high...

03-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I'll sit here at this table while the fella that I'm with opens a tab at the bar, ordering a diet Coke for me, as I'm a designated driver, and a pitcher of beer for himself and his friends.

I hope he orders some fries! Bars tend to have the best fries...........and fry sauce!

Well, since we're telling our tales of "how we met", I'll share mine. I met my husby at church. Actually I met his parents first. Husby hadn't started coming to church yet. Then when he did, I had no clue that he was related to this other couple. Once he arrived, I knew who he was, but we didn't socialize and didn't even have the same circle of friends. A friend of mine who knew him, and who was also dating my roommate, told me that this guy liked me, and told me more than once. I said that if he really did, then he'd do something about it. He finally did. He called, we went on a date. It was the most comfortable that I had ever been on a first date. It helps when both parties have knowledge of Star Trek, lol. I had been on first dates before, that never made it to a second date, but this wasn't one of them. He called back. Within 2 weeks, we were having dinner with his parents, and then dinner with mine, and within that time, he said he loved me and we were talking about getting married. We were married 8 months after our first date. That was almost 16 years ago. We have a daughter and a son and we're more busy than we ever thought that we would ever be.

OH, and be nice to your designated driver! They have the clarity to drop you off at the wrong house if you aren't. Big Grin

A party without cake is really just a meeting