Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Bar
07-14-2017, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 12:59 PM by New World Man.)
RE: The Bar
Summertime 2Beers yeah! (remember snoopy's happy dance) Smile I never want summer to end!

Trying to save the day for the Old World Man!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=745]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2017, 10:08 PM
I would be nice though if someone would turn down the heat a bit. These 100 degree days are getting tedious. Sad

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
07-28-2017, 06:00 PM
(05-22-2017 06:16 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I was so pleased. I knew he was a local lad and heard so many stories of Rob being in pubs but never thought he would come to mine. It was sort of perfect as I was the only one at the bar when he walked in. I apologised for being a Fan Boy and he laughed. I wish I had asked for a photo but constantly going through my mind was what I had read from Bubba and how he likes to be left alone.
It's amazing how a normally eloquent 55 year old (me) turned into a tongue tied babbling fool.

Our fellow BnG pal Debskis was recently on your side of The Pond for a family vacay. Whilst in Scotland she spotted Jimmy Page dining in the same off-the-beaten-path pub they were in. After several social media messages from her agonizing, "Should I or shouldn't I????" we encouraged her to (politely, natch) GO FOR IT!! She and hubby mustered courage to approach and had a pleasant, albeit brief, exchange. She said he was extremely gracious and down-to-earth. No pics (she was of the same mindset as you on your Bob Plant encounter,) but it will be a memory to last a lifetime.

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
08-01-2017, 11:27 PM
"Bob Plant" That's like Robert's older, fat, accountant brother (no offense to any accountants here). Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
08-03-2017, 02:14 PM
(07-28-2017 06:00 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  
(05-22-2017 06:16 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  I was so pleased. I knew he was a local lad and heard so many stories of Rob being in pubs but never thought he would come to mine. It was sort of perfect as I was the only one at the bar when he walked in. I apologised for being a Fan Boy and he laughed. I wish I had asked for a photo but constantly going through my mind was what I had read from Bubba and how he likes to be left alone.
It's amazing how a normally eloquent 55 year old (me) turned into a tongue tied babbling fool.

Our fellow BnG pal Debskis was recently on your side of The Pond for a family vacay. Whilst in Scotland she spotted Jimmy Page dining in the same off-the-beaten-path pub they were in. After several social media messages from her agonizing, "Should I or shouldn't I????" we encouraged her to (politely, natch) GO FOR IT!! She and hubby mustered courage to approach and had a pleasant, albeit brief, exchange. She said he was extremely gracious and down-to-earth. No pics (she was of the same mindset as you on your Bob Plant encounter,) but it will be a memory to last a lifetime.

Would love to meet Jimmy Page too. I said to Rob I had been watching him at the O2 Arena concert that very day. He said it was a great concert, never to be repeated. I said that was a shame as it was so good, and that Jimmy was on fire that night. He said, and laughed, well he is on fire now, spitting sulphur and flame. I took that to mean Rob had said, once again, he would not be touring with Led Zep.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Hello one and all,

It seems to be just a bit quiet in here as of late, not that it's a bad thing. Life in our world has been busy with grand babe and encroaching wedding of our eldest in October.
Of course there is that "work" requirement that takes up quite a bit of our time as well.
It's a bit cool, grey and drizzly for weather in the dairy state today. Coffee is brewing, laundry is washing and grandson is down for a nap. I really should get to tying my knots for a second tatted baby bonnet. We have friends who are expecting twin girls in October and I have 1 bonnet done, but need to finish the other before they arrive.
Happy Friday and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic