Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Bar
05-08-2018, 07:31 AM
RE: The Bar
Happy Tuesday all!

I'm happily taking care of the wee lad(aka our grandson) today. Brekkies this morning was banana and Malt-o-meal cereal.
Hard to believe he will be 1 year at the end of this month, wow how the year has just seemed to fly by.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2018, 08:51 PM
(05-08-2018 07:31 AM)2Beers Wrote:  Happy Tuesday all!

I'm happily taking care of the wee lad(aka our grandson) today. Brekkies this morning was banana and Malt-o-meal cereal.
Hard to believe he will be 1 year at the end of this month, wow how the year has just seemed to fly by.

It hardly seems possible that he is almost a year old already! How time flies!

I seem to have missed a few birthdays, as work has kept me away from here, but I'm just in time to say happy birthday to NeilBubbaChuck!

05-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Hello all,

Dusting off the tables and the bar. It’s been rather quiet in here as of late(yours truly of being guilty about not posting).
Hoping everyone is doing well and looking forward the the start of the summer season.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
07-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Hey folks, just a water for me please. After 7 days at the beach a little austerity is most certainly called for.

I really feel I need to say something though. I don't spend much time on message boards anymore. Mostly due to the vile filth being spewed forth and the abysmal "human" behavior continuously on display. If I want to see a cohort of semi-lucid primates flinging excrement all over each other, I'll go to the zoo. At least that way I can see pandas too.

That's why this place was so special. An oasis of kindness, intelligence, and tolerance. I understand the reasons why the grill is no longer a viable medium, but it just seems so....unfortunate.

Sad

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
07-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Always a friendly face here at 'the bar', Reminds me of a cool ole Tull song 'Another Harry's Bar' "well that's the tale they tell, Harry's long gone now, and the customers as well. Me and the dog and the ghost of Harry will make this world turn right, it'll all turn right"

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
07-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Blame Facebook.
I think it practically killed the forums.
And work! I was putting in 50-60 hours a week during the school year.
I used to have more time to fool around.
I still check the posts, but don’t log in much.