Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do You Do To Feel Good?
08-14-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: What Do You Do To Feel Good?
Hey ya'll, lots of good chatter in here. Just re-read it all. I have never been on a motorcycle, though the idea of the speed and wind and danger is appealing in a way. So here we are, more than a year after this thread started, and I am loving the fact that people are still adding to the thread. You guys are fun. <g>

Exercise: gotta get me some of that. I want to hike, but can't motivate my always present little ones. So hubby goes off on all day hikes in the Adirondacks, and I get to see the photos when he's done. Oh well. I can't even push my butt out the door in the evenings to walk around the 'hood. Instead I sit on my butt, drink something boozy, and watch Netflix. Nice, relaxing, but not endorphin-producing, exactly. With S.A.D. season approaching, I'd better get out there. I need to find someone to check in with every day. Accountability! lol. Yeah, really.

Writing: I have gotten myself a penpal. I'm hoping that helps to discipline me to sit down and get some thoughts out on paper. The idea of journaling is appealing, but the idea of someone coming across my honest scribble is not. I like the idea of mailing my thoughts away.

Hobbies: I have totally taken the summer of when it comes to sewing. I got discouraged that I was spending a fortune on materials, making things for my little shop, and having come to nothing. The hell with that. So I put my creative energy into letterboxing these days, which is just for me.

Cheers,
~Dais
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Kayak quiet water.

Shifting & Drifting
08-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey, that's a good one BrianW!

"One ounce perception...One pound obscure"
Find all posts by this user
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I really want to try that.
08-15-2012, 03:24 AM
I would love to try kayaking on this next Hawai'i trip!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
08-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Do it! Easy and fun. Being quiet and getting in to your surroundings is the best part for me. What will I see?

Shifting & Drifting
08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I haven't been paddling for ages, but it's great. Think I may get my SIL to drop me and the kayak off somewhere upstream from their place, and then I can paddle back down to the property, if the weather holds.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
08-18-2012, 02:06 AM
(08-15-2012 06:25 AM)BrianW Wrote:  Do it! Easy and fun. Being quiet and getting in to your surroundings is the best part for me. What will I see?

Ren Man says, "Sure." So I think we'll give it a shot Smile

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!