Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do You Do To Feel Good?
04-09-2011, 02:20 PM
RE: What Do You Do To Feel Good?
Mostly I just like to sit on our back patio with my wife. One thing I still enjoy, though is fishing. Not that fancy stuff with a boat and all those jigs and lures, but just grab a can or worms and drop a line in. Just simple pleasures like that keep me pretty grounded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 02:32 PM
(04-09-2011 02:20 PM)CplRADAR Wrote:  Mostly I just like to sit on our back patio with my wife. One thing I still enjoy, though is fishing. Not that fancy stuff with a boat and all those jigs and lures, but just grab a can or worms and drop a line in. Just simple pleasures like that keep me pretty grounded.

Then head my way. We fish up at the seasonal campground where we have a site from May through Sept. We have a nice relaxing time waiting for them to bite.
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 03:27 PM by Dais.)
(04-09-2011 02:20 PM)CplRADAR Wrote:  Mostly I just like to sit on our back patio with my wife. One thing I still enjoy, though is fishing. Not that fancy stuff with a boat and all those jigs and lures, but just grab a can or worms and drop a line in. Just simple pleasures like that keep me pretty grounded.

That sounds nice. We have been spending some time in our yard over the last couple of days (FINALLY getting some spring-like temperatures) and that has been nice. I just asked hubby to sit on the deck with me. =)

~D
(04-09-2011 02:33 PM)Dais Wrote:  

That sounds nice. We have been spending some time in our yard over the last couple of days (FINALLY getting some spring-like temperatures) and that has been nice. I just asked hubby to sit on the deck with me. =)

~D

The whole family ended up outside, playing, raking, gettin' muddy.... it was fun. =)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I would enjoy that very much RN. That is always a fun time just sitting waiting for a bite.
04-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Nearly six hours at the field today - pulled a muscle in my rib cage of all places...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
04-10-2011, 07:10 AM
I like to run, it gets my head clear and believe it or not I feel better. I also like to ride my motorcycle, its like running in that you are so focussed on what you are doing that you have no ability to think about the stuff bothering you. I also keep a journal of sorts. It lets out problems I may have in my life. Of course I also like smoking...ribs and chicken on my smoker. I used to build models, but with what happened to me in my recent past I just lost interest when I started slipping into a depression and have never really gotten back into it the way I used to.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
04-10-2011, 07:32 AM
(04-10-2011 07:10 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  I like to run, it gets my head clear and believe it or not I feel better. I also like to ride my motorcycle, its like running in that you are so focussed on what you are doing that you have no ability to think about the stuff bothering you. I also keep a journal of sorts. It lets out problems I may have in my life. Of course I also like smoking...ribs and chicken on my smoker. I used to build models, but with what happened to me in my recent past I just lost interest when I started slipping into a depression and have never really gotten back into it the way I used to.

I'm definitely not a runner but I used to walk a lot. I really liked the time to let my mind go wherever it wanted. I got to the point where if I missed a day, I was bummed. Got out of the habit after having kids. I like bike riding, but need to get mine tuned up.

It sounds as if you do a lot of stuff to make yourself feel good. Maybe it's ok that you don't do models anymore... maybe you needed to focus on something else. But maybe it'll come back again.

You can share with me if you want - what happened - or have you done that here already? I'm new around these parts. Or just accept a cyber-hug and my hopes that you're able to replace bad times/thoughts with better ones. I've had a tough year so far, and I'm trying to pull myself up as well. Things really are not that bad on my end, I just feel crummy. Blah. Mid-life crisis?

I think there really is something to people needing to *create* something. Like models. Or for me, sewing. Or for NP, books and whatnot. I remember reading one of his books a few months back and he said something along the lines of "What is a day where you haven't MADE something?" or something like that. (Sorry if that's badly misquoted, the idea is there) And that is exactly how I feel. For some reason I am constantly drawn to creating something, even if it's really nothing much, and I think that's true of so many people. Maybe I'll start a new thread on that! It would be interesting to see what people create.

~Dais
04-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:"What is a day where you haven't MADE something?" ~Dais

I create with food. Making meals is a creative outlet for me. I hate eating the same thing over and over, so I'll try a new seasoning, a different vegetable, or a different way of cooking something. I have to watch it though. I have a bunch of allergies that I have to work around. Lately I've been trying to create foods that I miss out of ingredients that I can have, with pretty good results. Unfortunately, there is no good substitute for chocolate, and yes, I've tried carob. It just isn't the same.
I think we just all need something to take our mind off of the daily grind, whether it's running, biking, cooking, sewing, writing, just something that is different, and something that makes us feel worthy as a person.
Being able to say "I made that" or " I ran 5 miles a day this week" gives a person some pride, which helps build self esteem, and can help beat depression. Those hobbies and pastimes are mighty important.

04-10-2011, 10:14 AM
(04-09-2011 08:22 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Nearly six hours at the field today - pulled a muscle in my rib cage of all places...

Ouch!! Hope it heals quickly Smile
04-10-2011, 10:54 AM
(04-10-2011 10:03 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
Quote:"What is a day where you haven't MADE something?" ~Dais

I create with food. Making meals is a creative outlet for me. I hate eating the same thing over and over, so I'll try a new seasoning, a different vegetable, or a different way of cooking something. I have to watch it though. I have a bunch of allergies that I have to work around. Lately I've been trying to create foods that I miss out of ingredients that I can have, with pretty good results. Unfortunately, there is no good substitute for chocolate, and yes, I've tried carob. It just isn't the same.
I think we just all need something to take our mind off of the daily grind, whether it's running, biking, cooking, sewing, writing, just something that is different, and something that makes us feel worthy as a person.
Being able to say "I made that" or " I ran 5 miles a day this week" gives a person some pride, which helps build self esteem, and can help beat depression. Those hobbies and pastimes are mighty important.

I think I'm gonna start a new thread on creating. Just for fun.

~Dais