Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pizza Oven
06-04-2012, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 07:22 AM by LiveToCook.)
RE: Pizza Oven
Blue Star, from Costco? We have them here in the Great White North (Canada) at Costco and prices on these are inexpensive in comparison to the Viking, Wolf and others that are built ''Home Style''. I seriously will have to look into this make. As for the pro. types, they are way less expensive, not as cute to look at, but way more efficient. As for the ceramic top, this is what I have now and I can agree with you, they are difficult to work with. I have way too much heat on the 2 main (front) and no low heat. This is the reason I have the 2 countertop induction units, they go very low. It also allows me to work on different things at the same time. But in all my frustrations.... some friends have the same type and they dont have enough heat, so I guess that I am OK. As for the actual tools like Demeyere, I have taken a radical change in my way of thinking a couple of years ago. I was spending an awful lot of money on frying pans... I was buying cheap and they would not last. Recycling bin was seeing a whole bunch every year and without exagerations, 6 or more. By the way how is the juicing/veg/salad session going? Believe me, my turn is just around the corner... Have a great week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 02:56 PM
We didn't get the Blue Star from Costco, as there are no Costco's within several hours drive from here. We got it in Scottsdale (still nearly 3 hours away) at a kitchen store there. The pro ranges from ANY maker aren't allowed by code in a residence in the US. They don't have the insulation and get too hot along the sides and back. Fire hazard and all....
On the higher quality pans and such----it tends to be better to just spring for the good stuff. You'll end up spending more in the long run for the throw-away stuff.
The juicing is going well. Hubby has lost nearly 40 lbs (!) and I've lost 15. We have fish or chicken a few times a week, now. I juice 1 meal a day and have salads, etc. We cheat a tiny bit now and then, but we don't feel deprived at all-maybe just depraved Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
06-07-2012, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 06:02 PM by LiveToCook.)
This is fun... and fantastic, 40 lbs for hubby and 15 for yourself. At least you did something that made you move in the right direction. I would say determination is number 1 and this is something missing for me right now, but working on it slowly. Just quit smoking... again! Big Congratulations are in order for you guys. Hang in there...Smile
02-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Hoping to build a pizza oven this Spring. We cleared more of our yard, we're adding a couple milking goats (already have hens) and expanding our gardens. With all the "farm" fresh ingredients, it would seem that a pizza oven might be just the ticket! Going to start reading up on construction soon.
02-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Randy.... Sounds like a delicious project. Mmmmm...wood burning oven, pizza, bread, pasta dishes, lots to do in there. And an interesting project. DO your research/homework, I have heard of many who would do things differently after doing more reading on the subject. Even one guy I know re-did a part of his to increase the efficiency of the cooking portion. Have fun.... Goats = cheese for the pizzas???
08-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know about http://www.fornobravo.com pizza ovens? I've been reading about them and am contemplating ... Ok working on saving up... For one

Do deep thoughts and lofty ideals cancel each other out?