Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Mint Jelly with Lamb?
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
No Mint Jelly with Lamb?
I work for a local Fox TV affiliate doing video work, and today's story was a farm where they raise sheep. They breed them for their wool and their meat. I said "I guess it goes without saying you have a lot of mint jelly in the house." The reply was "Actually, no." That seemed unusual. Turns out the lady of the house (farm) cooks the lamb in garlic and rosemary. I'd love to try that!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 09:03 PM by Nettie.)
RE: No Mint Jelly with Lamb?
(04-11-2011 08:46 PM)Wavescribe Wrote:  I work for a local Fox TV affiliate doing video work, and today's story was a farm where they raise sheep. They breed them for their wool and their meat. I said "I guess it goes without saying you have a lot of mint jelly in the house." The reply was "Actually, no." That seemed unusual. Turns out the lady of the house (farm) cooks the lamb in garlic and rosemary. I'd love to try that!

I have friends who do the same. No mint jelly. yuck. Can't stand the stuff.

04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Same here I don't like mint jelly either. We oven roast our lamb with rosemary(fresh and dried), garlic and onions.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
That little black lamb is so cute!
I avoided lamb until I was offered some prepared as 2Beers does, without the jelly. Delish!
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Garlic sliced and stabbed into the lamb, Rosemary on top, and roast, serve with mint sauce, (not jelly) and Leek sauce too.......That`s how we do it over here.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
I have a great recipe for Lamb Shanks that my mother passed down to me. It's a long, slow day of cooking, but when it's done, you don't even have to chew it. The meat just melts in your mouth.

And no...NO mint jelly.

Wink

So here's us, on the raggedy edge....