Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Decorated cakes
10-21-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Decorated cakes
(10-21-2014 06:53 PM)NEJ1T Wrote:  Wedding went well no major snafus.. Here that blink 182 cake...
My daughter requested a much simpler cake. Blue and green vanilla layers inside, with simple cutout flowers. Thank goodness!
Nice job on both cakes! And congrats to the newlyweds!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Nice work NEJ1T!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-05-2015, 02:58 AM
Wow! That's really great work!

I keep saying I'll try to work with fondant -- since molding it is close to molding clay, which I do a lot -- but I never get around to it. Now I have some good examples to go by Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-09-2015, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 08:53 PM by NEJ1T.)
(03-05-2015 02:58 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Wow! That's really great work!

I keep saying I'll try to work with fondant -- since molding it is close to molding clay, which I do a lot -- but I never get around to it. Now I have some good examples to go by Big Grin

Thanks for the love! Hints for you! Not all fondant is created equal! I don't use Wilton if I can help it, I buy from a web site a brand called Satin Ice, it tastes and handles a lot better! I've never tried making my own. There's plenty of work already with cake, buttercream and the decorating! The other important hint is that fondant is heavy, be sure to have adequate support in your structure if you are building tall or shaped! Hope to see some of your adventures!
Doing a throwback pic. First cake I made using fondant for the pedals and stalk

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Do deep thoughts and lofty ideals cancel each other out?
02-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Hi folks been away for a while. Big changes at work. Lots going on. Thought I'd share a pic of a wedding cake I did for a friend. She asked for a little bling. I think it's my best effort yet.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Ooooh, very nice!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-01-2016, 09:11 PM
(02-29-2016 07:49 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Ooooh, very nice!

Thank you Smile

03-01-2016, 11:11 PM
(02-29-2016 03:05 PM)NEJ1T Wrote:  Hi folks been away for a while. Big changes at work. Lots going on. Thought I'd share a pic of a wedding cake I did for a friend. She asked for a little bling. I think it's my best effort yet.
WHOA that's some serious skillz! How'd you get the chandelier tiers to light up??

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
03-03-2016, 08:21 PM
(03-01-2016 11:11 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  
(02-29-2016 03:05 PM)NEJ1T Wrote:  Hi folks been away for a while. Big changes at work. Lots going on. Thought I'd share a pic of a wedding cake I did for a friend. She asked for a little bling. I think it's my best effort yet.
WHOA that's some serious skillz! How'd you get the chandelier tiers to light up??

Smile. I found watch battery operated LED light strings with on/off switch at the crafty store, Said operational time was about 8 hours. Arranged them on the bottom of the upper plate. Imbedded the switch in the plate and placed on the back side. The one improvement if I make chandeliers again is to use in-facing mirrors for top and bottom and small mosaic mirror bits on the post to throw more light /sparkle.