Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HE' s D E A D
05-03-2011, 06:05 AM
RE: HE' s D E A D
One pal ran his business from one of the towers - he was in Florida when it happened. He lost every employee.
He sold the business and went to work for MTV.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
(05-02-2011 11:15 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Ding dong the witch is dead the witch is dead the witch is dead, ding dong the wicked witch is dead.

One of my friends wrote the same thing on my facebook post about Osama Bin Laden's demise. Only he exchanged the word 'witch' for 'bitch' and yes I laughed! Rolleyes

I think most people are not necessarily joyful about a death but joyful that a person who had no regard for life, civillians, women, children and even his own people is now gone from the face of this earth. The families and friends who lost loved ones due to his terror attacks now have some justice. These people waited an agonizing almost ten years to see him pay for murdering thousands of people.

I think that what a lot of people are expressing is relief, justice and closure. Bin Laden's death will never bring those loved ones back and it doesn't erase the terror he put so many people through. However, he will not be able to harm anyone else ever again. Of course there are others just like him with the same evil intentions and it doesn't mean the war on terror ends. But all the terrorists, dictators and others who commit such acts now know that the U.S. WILL not stop until they are brought to justice. As it should be!

FAITH is fear and doubt standing in HOPE. Angel
05-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I just read a headline on a paper over here that we are now on "Nuke Alert" following OBL`s death.....so if you don`t hear from me in the next few days, you know what just happened.....

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2011, 10:58 AM
It had to end this way for bin Laden as he stated(if i remember hearing BBC news correctly) that he would never be taken alive. As for bringing the troops home finally and this being a blow to terrorism...we'll see. I'm sorry if I seem pessimistic about this, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
05-03-2011, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2011 09:09 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
I can say this tonight. My heart wasn't right by posting this thread. I'd like very much to delete it, but I think that would be too easy.
During the last couple of days I've watched my emotions ride a big roller coaster and I have had an awesome opprotunity to grow as a result. Yes the man certainly needed to be dealt, with but I can tell you that I'm not happy that I defaulted hate.
Where was my heart? Sometimes I do and say the very things I stand against.

Ok I'm reset.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
05-03-2011, 09:20 PM
(05-03-2011 09:05 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  I can say this tonight. My heart wasn't right by posting this thread. I'd like very much to delete it, but I think that would be too easy.
During the last couple of days I've watched my emotions ride a big roller coaster and I have had an awesome opprotunity to grow as a result. Yes the man certainly needed to be dealt, with but I can tell you that I'm not happy that I defaulted hate.
Where was my heart? Sometimes I do and say the very things I stand against.

Ok I'm reset.

Your heart was wounded by the many people hurt and killed on 9/11 and the aftermath. You have a human heart...sometimes you aren't going to be perfect.
Besides, someone had to start this thread. How appropriate that it was someone from New York State, which suffered the brunt of the attack.

05-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Steady ya big galoot! We love ya no worries. This is a hard subject for some....I dont know that its hateful necessarily - imagine what those folks in those buildings went thru. Or Flight 93? Pentagon? USS Cole, and on and on and on?

Even if ya had to let it out - sometimes it just helps letting those things out. Even if you did get hitched with nettie without her knowledge or consent! Reboot complete regard all further NBC nightmares.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
05-03-2011, 09:56 PM
How about a little wisdom from Facebook?
And the author of this is my own dear sister...

"For the wives who delivered babies who will never know their fathers...
The husbands who are raising children alone...
The moms who lost sons...
The dads who will never again kiss their daughters...
A little rejoicing would be understandable.
Some of my fellow country men & women evaporated into dust about 10 years ago.
I said a quiet "Thank You God" this weekend."

And no, its not a cut and paste status. She's just kinda smart...Angel

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
05-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Well said

Don't talk smack about Total!!
05-04-2011, 04:12 PM
There has been a series of people reflecting and talking about the July 7th Tube bombings over here....A women tonight was talking about the loss of her daughter at Edgware Road and how she gets through life now, walking the dog etc, and she said "No matter what, don`t let anyone tell me I don`t have the right to feel angry"......

Living the dream over here in Blighty