05-22-2011, 02:30 PM
RE: HE' s D E A D
(05-22-2011 01:44 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  
(05-21-2011 09:41 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(05-21-2011 09:07 PM)RN-PRN Wrote:  
(05-21-2011 09:04 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(05-15-2011 08:51 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  
(05-15-2011 04:34 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(05-15-2011 03:00 PM)boomer Wrote:  Typical military thinking....not the first time I have heard that the rules are getting tighter. To me - when I read about losing another young man in this damn war it never ceases to amaze me how many lives we could SAVE by letting our guys engage when they need to....and not limiting their responses like we do at time. Hope your son stays safe GW!

Ditto, on the safety thing GW.
My cousin's (marine)son has 10 days left, and I'm sitting on pins and needles. I'm sure my cousin knows, as I do, that many people have been lost at the end of their tour(and also at the beginning of a tour of duty), and this is his second tour.
I'll breathe when he's back on U.S. soil!

Thanks, Boomer and Nettie. We have to trust in their excellent training and try not to think about what the bad guys are doing--not to mention trust in God!
Prayers for your cousin's son, Nettie Heart
Just an update. He finished his tour and is on his way back to the U.S.!

YAY!! I hope he has safe travels home.
He's supposed to be back on the 25th...so he could use a few more prayers as he travels.

He's got my prayers! Let us know when he arrives and give him a BIG "thank you" from all of us!
He posted on facebook this morning, and talked to his mom yesterday, so his travels are going o.k. so far. I won't see him until he has leave in June.
He's headed back to the base for debriefing, and then he'll get leave. Thanks for the prayers! Gunga, let me know when your son heads out. I'll start up the prayer chain for him!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Maybe this is an idea for a new thread perhaps? Maybe a new military thread of sorts for stuff like this? I don't know, not many folks have military in their families but it could work.

They'll both be in my thoughts though!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2011, 03:47 PM
(05-22-2011 03:32 PM)boomer Wrote:  Maybe this is an idea for a new thread perhaps? Maybe a new military thread of sorts for stuff like this? I don't know, not many folks have military in their families but it could work.

I was concerened that it might get political. Should it go in the Read This area?
or General discussion?

05-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, I would think Read This, but I suggested this because I think we all at one time or another know another military person going over or coming back. I see it all the time because my involvement with the Patriot Guard.

Maybe a bit more discussion on it perhaps????

05-22-2011, 04:50 PM
I think everyone on board has enough sense to know where the line is. If it is crossed, it can always be corrected and adjustments made.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
05-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Agreed - but there is ALWAYS one fly in the oinkmeal.

05-22-2011, 06:48 PM
(05-22-2011 03:32 PM)boomer Wrote:  Maybe this is an idea for a new thread perhaps? Maybe a new military thread of sorts for stuff like this? I don't know, not many folks have military in their families but it could work.

I think that's a great idea for a thread.
Maybe start with an opening essay about being a little extra respectful towards the folks who post looking for support for their loved one who is in the military.
Like I gently remind folks who pop off about hating the military, remember the military are the people who defend your right to hate them...

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
05-22-2011, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2011 06:59 PM by Nettie.)
ok, I was going to start a thread, but then I realized that this is an international forum. Would the thread be for all military members, or just U.S., Canada, and the NATO countries? It opens up a can of worms.
What do you think?

05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I dont know that you could ever try to slice it up between NATO, US Canada - and like the Mufster said....we have ways to make sure it stays in line.

05-23-2011, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2011 08:27 AM by Thoughtful Eyes.)
For what it is worth, i think the new thread for the friends & family of the good warriors out there, is awesome! i am what most call a peace-nik, but i was raised AF and have nothing but the utmost respect for our soldiers. I thank the gods everyday for the men and women who make it a part of their lives to protect our freedoms, and pray daily for their safety. The new thread could give folks here a real community (within a community) and that can't be a bad thing (can it?) Smile Ok... just thought i would chime in! Thanks for the ear/eye...

Peace & Cheers ~
Thoughtful Eyes