Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lamb Help
05-27-2011, 07:45 AM
RE: Lamb Help
(05-23-2011 06:18 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  We have grilled and smoked turkeys and turkey breasts. Use a drip pan as Layllah said. When you do this it is the indirect cooking method used to slow roast meats. Just make sure you keep adding coals to the fire to keep it going/hot.

stoking the fire is the best part of smoking, aside from the smell, and sharing a drink and conversation with the wife whilst waiting for good food.Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2011, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2011 05:15 AM by Lamb Chop.)
[quote='Lamb Chop' pid='16850' dateline='1306497220']
It was that magic time of year when *"the gray tones of winter give way to the gentle tide of green that creeps across our landscape"*** into new beginnings.
I was headed to the Plum Sauce Inn and Grill", to meet up with some friends. The Plum as people liked to call it, is a hip little spot, smack dab in the middle of the Marmalade district. where time is an illusion of your consciousness reflected in your subconscious opening doors to the back alley of dreams. in other words the spice of life could be seared into long memories. There was Rose Mary, just stunning and when the light hit just right it was as if you were looking into a Vehmere. And there was Herb, a world traveler and tasteful fellow having a passion for the more palatable pleasures in life. Then there was Ham Bone, a friend I adored but sometimes tried to avoid, because a shower to Ham Bone was a good splash of Aqua Velvet but that was matters of the past before time flipped the page now it's Old Spice. I must say however; Ham Bone does have a way with the ladies, acquiring that nic name from the town gossiper, Sage. after Sage he became quite the ladies man there was Ginger then Saffron, Saffron she's just exquisite but a bit uppity. The atmosphere was like, Time Square and the Ringling Brothers all put into one outside the Plum, after a bit of smoozing we all went in, sat down and ordered. Feeling like a puppet, I ordered my usual grilled Lamb Chop Marmalade on a butternut bed with stuffed squash blossoms & grilled asparagus with gnash sauce. It takes 4 chops room temp rubbed with your favorite virgin, sea salt and fresh pepper chops, making the sauce you'll require 6 oz of marmalade, 1 freshly squeezed lemon, 3 tbl of honey,1/3 cup of water, 1/2 stick salted butter, 1/4 tsp of Ginger and a pinch of salt for good luck. reserve 2 oz of marmalade. In a bowl whisk ingredients till combined while melting the butter to a golden brown add ingredients and turn the heat up stirring till bubbly then reduce heat way down while on rapturous hot flickering flames grill the chops 3 to 4 min per side remove let them rest for a few min while you get the sauce back up bubbling then add the chops and continue cooking for another min or 2 on each side spooning the gnash over the chops for at least min per side. For the winter squash peal remove seeds cut 1/4 length slices dance with virgin toss some sea salt and fresh pepper, grill till fork tender. For the stuffed squash blossoms you'll need ground lamb with diced onions yellow, orange and red diced peppers, cooked rice (optional) salt & peppers in olive oil cook the lamb part way first then add everything else and cook to desired texture. stuff the blossoms on a dusting of flour( basically the filling is just like stuffed peppers only with lamb ) then dip each blossom into a batter and deep fry till golden brown and a quick grill for asparagus spears virgin olive oil, salt pepper, till desire texture. place the chops on top of the grilled squash slice some oranges or mangos place on top of the chops drizzle with left over sauce and add fresh mint for garnish use the oranges and or the Mangos as the bed for the squash blossoms creatively placing the asparagus on the plate drizzling with a plumb sauce. Now I do like a good meal but that filled me up too, just listening to it Herb said: ....to be continued?

***Quote from Leaving Van Gogh a novel by Carol Wallace***
[/quote Is something wrong with the server or just a kink in the system? Smoker guy or another if you try the recipe let me know how it turns out, I made it up as I went along and haven't tried it myself so adjust it to your desire. Maybe a drizzle of honey over the stuffed squash blossoms? It's like the Wild West meeting Richard Simmons LOL
This is a test and only a test...seems as if my last post went on the Lamb and I am checking to see if this does the same?

I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph
05-28-2011, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 10:59 AM by Nettie.)
(05-28-2011 05:06 AM)Lamb Chop Wrote:  [quote='Lamb Chop' pid='16850' dateline='1306497220']
It was that magic time of year when *"the gray tones of winter give way to the gentle tide of green that creeps across our landscape"*** into new beginnings.
I was headed to the Plum Sauce Inn and Grill", to meet up with some friends. The Plum as people liked to call it, is a hip little spot, smack dab in the middle of the Marmalade district. where time is an illusion of your consciousness reflected in your subconscious opening doors to the back alley of dreams. in other words the spice of life could be seared into long memories. There was Rose Mary, just stunning and when the light hit just right it was as if you were looking into a Vehmere. And there was Herb, a world traveler and tasteful fellow having a passion for the more palatable pleasures in life. Then there was Ham Bone, a friend I adored but sometimes tried to avoid, because a shower to Ham Bone was a good splash of Aqua Velvet but that was matters of the past before time flipped the page now it's Old Spice. I must say however; Ham Bone does have a way with the ladies, acquiring that nic name from the town gossiper, Sage. after Sage he became quite the ladies man there was Ginger then Saffron, Saffron she's just exquisite but a bit uppity. The atmosphere was like, Time Square and the Ringling Brothers all put into one outside the Plum, after a bit of smoozing we all went in, sat down and ordered. Feeling like a puppet, I ordered my usual grilled Lamb Chop Marmalade on a butternut bed with stuffed squash blossoms & grilled asparagus with gnash sauce. It takes 4 chops room temp rubbed with your favorite virgin, sea salt and fresh pepper chops, making the sauce you'll require 6 oz of marmalade, 1 freshly squeezed lemon, 3 tbl of honey,1/3 cup of water, 1/2 stick salted butter, 1/4 tsp of Ginger and a pinch of salt for good luck. reserve 2 oz of marmalade. In a bowl whisk ingredients till combined while melting the butter to a golden brown add ingredients and turn the heat up stirring till bubbly then reduce heat way down while on rapturous hot flickering flames grill the chops 3 to 4 min per side remove let them rest for a few min while you get the sauce back up bubbling then add the chops and continue cooking for another min or 2 on each side spooning the gnash over the chops for at least min per side. For the winter squash peal remove seeds cut 1/4 length slices dance with virgin toss some sea salt and fresh pepper, grill till fork tender. For the stuffed squash blossoms you'll need ground lamb with diced onions yellow, orange and red diced peppers, cooked rice (optional) salt & peppers in olive oil cook the lamb part way first then add everything else and cook to desired texture. stuff the blossoms on a dusting of flour( basically the filling is just like stuffed peppers only with lamb ) then dip each blossom into a batter and deep fry till golden brown and a quick grill for asparagus spears virgin olive oil, salt pepper, till desire texture. place the chops on top of the grilled squash slice some oranges or mangos place on top of the chops drizzle with left over sauce and add fresh mint for garnish use the oranges and or the Mangos as the bed for the squash blossoms creatively placing the asparagus on the plate drizzling with a plumb sauce. Now I do like a good meal but that filled me up too, just listening to it Herb said: ....to be continued?

[/quote Is something wrong with the server or just a kink in the system? Smoker guy or another if you try the recipe let me know how it turns out, I made it up as I went along and haven't tried it myself so adjust it to your desire. Maybe a drizzle of honey over the stuffed squash blossoms? It's like the Wild West meeting Richard Simmons LOL
This is a test and only a test...seems as if my last post went on the Lamb and I am checking to see if this does the same?
If this took a while to load, chances are it's because it's such a long post.
Next time, try just posting the recipe.

05-29-2011, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 04:32 AM by Lamb Chop.)
Perhaps your correct nettiesaur however I found that to be just a bit mean spirited.

05-29-2011, 05:51 AM
(05-29-2011 04:25 AM)Lamb Chop Wrote:  Perhaps your correct nettiesaur however I found that to be just a bit mean spirited.

I thought it was kinder than deleting your entire post, which was my first inclination. The length of your post is causing the page to bog down.

07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
(05-28-2011 09:18 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(05-28-2011 05:06 AM)Lamb Chop Wrote:  [quote='Lamb Chop' pid='16850' dateline='1306497220']

If this took a while to load, chances are it's because it's such a long post.
Next time, try just posting the recipe.
I'll just have to thank you for your kindness in not deleting my post I just though someone might get a laugh guess not at any rate thanks again Nettie Wink

07-15-2011, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2011 07:29 AM by Layllah.)
What a wonderful narrative and must try recipe! Thank you so much. I like the story with the recipe idea it turns otherwise dull reading into an entertaining educational read. This loads fast on my pc, I have FIOS 35/35Mpbs so there isn't much that is slow except me! Hey Lamb Chop you have a flare for narrative would you like to be a guest writer on my blog? http://theriosolutions.com/blog check it out an let me know! You might also enjoy my beautify the web project http://therionsolutions.com I'm trying your glaze recipe on Sunday for a leg of Lamb! I'll let you know, drooling just thinking about it!

"An Oasis of Solid Ground in an Endless Sea of Confusion"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user