Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Military in Our Thoughts!
05-22-2011, 07:23 PM
The Military in Our Thoughts!
Since I suggested it I might as well start this thread. My thought for this is for those who may have or know of a military member going to serve his/her country or returning from duty. There is no requirement for service, albeit Afghanistan, Iraq, or another post which may not be seeing combat action. I would like to involve all nationalities in this forum, and also include the firefighters and police as well, because they are putting their lives in harms way as well. My only requirement is we be respectful in our comments in this thread and to each other.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2011, 07:29 PM
RE: The Military in Our Thoughts!
Got a couple of people for you
NeilBubbaChuck: newly hired chaser of bad guys,
my cousin's son Greg, on his way home from Afghanistan,
and a friend Vince, on his way to Afghanistan or Iraq,
and my nephew who is training in the Navy.

Find all posts by this user
05-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Lets not forget - 2Beers hubby.

I spoke with NBC the other night on the phone while he was running down bad guys.

05-22-2011, 07:34 PM
(05-22-2011 07:32 PM)boomer Wrote:  Lets not forget - 2Beers hubby.

I spoke with NBC the other night on the phone while he was running down bad guys.

Didn't know about 2Beers hubby.
Haven't talked to NBC much...he's working protecting us at night, most of the time.

05-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I think you almost have to call him or text him to talk to him any more.

I think 2B's hubby is a firefighter.

05-22-2011, 07:42 PM
An old friend and co-worker of mine, Tim. He is currently in Afghanistan. And all of the men and women I know that are firefighters and police officers...too many to name (kind of goes hand in hand with my profession).
05-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Blush Awww ...Thanks Boomer! Yep, my Hubby has a 9 to 5 real job and then is a volunteer First Responder/Firefighter all the time. His pager is set to open so we hear all of the calls in our county area at any given time, but he responds only to our departments unless they are needed for mutual aid.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
05-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Several of my friends at church are married to firefighters who seem to be constantly called out to serve.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
05-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Glad to see this thread Boomer!
Nice call to add a nod to all of those first responders, all of those who put themselves in harms way, they never seem to get their due.
The local community was hit hard about a month ago with the loss of a police officer in the line of duty.
Shot while trying to pull over a reckless driver.
It was so wonderful to see the community come together to mourn his life and help his family, but it would be even nicer if those folks who serve in many ways knew how much they are appreciated while they were living...

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
05-22-2011, 10:54 PM
(05-22-2011 10:38 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  Glad to see this thread Boomer!
Nice call to add a nod to all of those first responders, all of those who put themselves in harms way, they never seem to get their due.
The local community was hit hard about a month ago with the loss of a police officer in the line of duty.
Shot while trying to pull over a reckless driver.
It was so wonderful to see the community come together to mourn his life and help his family, but it would be even nicer if those folks who serve in many ways knew how much they are appreciated while they were living...

The community certainly did come together for this officer and his family! Emergency vehicles from all over the state, and even the Royal Canadian Mounted Police were represented, came to honor this officer with quite a service. A local chain of coffee stands donated the profits (& tips) from a full day of business to give as a college fund for his daughters ($61,000).

A party without cake is really just a meeting