Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Military in Our Thoughts!
07-16-2011, 11:00 AM
RE: The Military in Our Thoughts!
Sometimes when it seems like its the least you can do can make a huge huge difference in the lives of those of us who have served or are serving now. Trust me. I didnt hear those words until 2007, and I had been out of the navy for over 20 years. Next time ya see one of those military folks - tell him thanks. ITs a sure pickmeup for their morale!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2011, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 06:51 AM by NWoBHM.)
I was very sorry to read of the loss of the US Chinook helicopter and deaths of the US Special Forces personnel.

We lost 18 SAS UK Special Forces troops in a helicopter tragedy in the Falklands Conflict.

My sympathies.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
08-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I will keep their families in my thoughts this week. One of those young men lived not too far from here, so perhaps I might attend that funeral.

In keeping with this thread, I found a news article that might be rather upsetting to some. This is typical government thinking.

Purple Heart

08-07-2011, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 07:31 PM by Scooter Britches.)
Yep, that makes me mad. What a steaming pile of horse manure. The man was injured, he's been through s#!t that no one should have to go through, and now that particular branch just sloughs him off like it's nothing. Bu!!$#it!!! Grrr.... Angry

<rant off>

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Ohhhh no - continue rant. PLEASE continue. Where else can we cut the budget? I mean really! No lets take it out on the vets. Thank you to the wunnerful politicians at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue - we'll save a whopping $21 per Purple Heart!

What a bunch of cockamamie bushwah!

08-07-2011, 08:36 PM
I'll come back in April after I retire and I'll finish that though. Best not do it now.

At least not in a written format such as this...

Dodgy

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
08-08-2011, 04:39 AM
(08-07-2011 06:06 PM)boomer Wrote:  In keeping with this thread, I found a news article that might be rather upsetting to some. This is typical government thinking.

Purple Heart

Absolutely disgraceful. It would've meant so much had the military arranged for a pinning ceremony at a local National Guard or Reserve post or something similar. Governor's office maybe? At least his family and friends could've honored his service with him and surrounded by military folk who understand his sacrifice.

Disgraceful.

I jumped the cliff with a dream to fly
Without knowing the weight of feathers
08-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Tomorrow morning I am off on the bike with the Patriot Guard for a funeral involving one of the SEAL team members who died in the helicopter a couple weeks ago. Iowa only lost one SEAL but it was one too many if you ask me. While we dont ANTICIPATE the folks from Westboro, there are rumors floating around. Just give the family of this sailor some thoughts tomorrow as we should all those SEAL members who died needlessly.

08-18-2011, 07:45 PM
You and the PGR's are a blessing, Boomer. Ride safe and thoughts go out to the families of those brave SEAL's.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
08-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Safe ride Boomer...my thoughts go out to all the men and women who have lost their lives..and to their families.