Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disaster in Missouri
05-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Disaster in Missouri
As you have undoubtedly read or heard about, a series of tornadoes touched down in central and southern United States leaving at least 89 people dead and caused damage into the tens of millions of dollars.

Further details can be seen here: Red Cross Sends Help After Deadly Tornadoes Blast Through the South.

From the article:
Quote:Those who want to help can make a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. To make a donation, visit http://www.redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS. Contributions may also be sent to local American Red Cross chapters or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.

Please take a moment and donate what you can.

People need our help.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2011, 10:46 AM
RE: Disaster in Missouri
There were remarks about the disaster in another thread, but I feel this is more appropriate. Thank you, OHR!
If I was closer I would be there to help search, triage and treat people.
05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I was actually looking at riding down and helping but during our staff mtg we were told that our area got hit by about 4 tornadoes so we are sending out teams for them first.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2011, 08:22 PM
From this survivor of Hurricane Andrew, a deep, heartfelt Thank You to anyone who can leave their home to help others after a disaster like this. I know our recovery would have been much harder if not for the volunteers who came to help, and I know the survivors of these disasters will feel the same.

Very cool, everyone Smile

"I will quietly resist."