Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bubba on David Letterman Show
06-11-2011, 06:15 AM
RE: Bubba on David Letterman Show
Great to see Bubba on Letterman, I am not going to second guess what he was thinking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Bubba always gives his very best effort and in the end that shines through and it's what counts the most! I enjoyed seeing him on Lettermen! What an honor for him to be chosen to close out the Drum Solo Week. Difficult to do what he does in those circumstances and that environment.

I may need a funny bone transplant but I thought the Shampoo gag was funny. Early in the week when Lettermen said Bubba's last name he said "Pert" and was quickly corrected on the proper pronunciation by Canadian Paul Shaffer. Maybe that gave birth to the shampoo gag?

FAITH is fear and doubt standing in HOPE. Angel
06-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Ah! Well then that would make more sense!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2011, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011 08:22 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
It was a very exciting moment for me. I was so happy for Bubba to receive that level of recognition in TV land. His fame went up about 45% with that gig. I feel so good for him that he stepped out to do it; it wasn't natural for him to do something like that. ...but he did it. Spectacular! Stepping out of the norm..."everybody got to deviate from the norm." It inspires me. How am I going to step out of the norm, take a chance, try an adventure...?

I had been contemplating my words a couple of days ago in this thread...The LAST thing I would want to do is irritate a wound, ...if there was one. I apologize if that's the way it came off.

This morning during the music I blew a measure of the third key change...it was one of those songs...and I felt lousy about it. I remembered that I needed to heed my own words-the ones I shared for Bubba. I needed to look at the whole performance in its entirety, rather than that one single measure which most people missed anyway. It was hard to keep that in mind in the midst of my humbling fumbling loss of tonality.

So Bubba, I again say I'm sorry, because it's not easy, I know it's not easy.
06-14-2011, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 02:16 AM by Scythe Matters.)
My husband and I have a saying, having been in "the Biz" for 25-odd (very odd) years one way or another: Never let the audience know if you mess up. Just keep right on going and they will likely not even notice. That's got me through some... interesting performances.

(06-12-2011 08:10 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Stepping out of the norm..."everybody got to deviate from the norm." It inspires me. How am I going to step out of the norm, take a chance, try an adventure...?

What a great question! Doing some deviating myself lately. Can't say just what I'm up to (for a couple of reasons, not least of which is that I don't want to jinx it) but it's a big step for me and a bit of a leap into the void. I feel a bit like The Fool in the Tarot: headed into an adventure with hope and a bit of abandon.

Vincent, I wish you all the best in your deviating -- go for it!!! Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
06-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Check out Bubba in England and other Northern European areas in the latest news for June. It make me want to live!