Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Schnapps
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
RE: Schnapps
(06-17-2011 01:42 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Hmmm.......Maybe I shouln`t hurry to track down Schnapps, (in any form)?

Just always been interested in it from the clip in Where Eagles Dare - where Major Van Halpen is in the Schloss Adler Bar and says, "But you must be tired, and here I am talking of Dusseldorf - you vill forgive me?"
"I tell you what - why don`t ve hav one more Schnapps, and I vill show you to your room?"
"Fraulein!!!"

Some funny stories in this thread! But really, NWo, if you want to try some go ahead. I think the key here is a little moderation. A small glass that you sip slowly while relaxing I don't think will end you up sleeping with the ducks out by the pond. Get some and let us know how you like it, sip it while watching that scene from the movie if you want. (Wink)

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2011, 10:36 AM
to avoid headache and Hangovers ... drink only one kind of Alcohol and a lot of Water ...

A good friend of mine is the manager of a shop who sell wine and Spirits few years ago I join him sometime to the Whiskey and Wine Shows (hard work when you not spit it out,but how can you spit out an 30 years old Whiskey) Anyway it works , we are finished after hardcore tastings but no headache and no vomiting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
(06-17-2011 10:23 AM)Rey Wrote:  
(06-17-2011 01:42 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Hmmm.......Maybe I shouln`t hurry to track down Schnapps, (in any form)?

Just always been interested in it from the clip in Where Eagles Dare - where Major Van Halpen is in the Schloss Adler Bar and says, "But you must be tired, and here I am talking of Dusseldorf - you vill forgive me?"
"I tell you what - why don`t ve hav one more Schnapps, and I vill show you to your room?"
"Fraulein!!!"

Some funny stories in this thread! But really, NWo, if you want to try some go ahead. I think the key here is a little moderation. A small glass that you sip slowly while relaxing I don't think will end you up sleeping with the ducks out by the pond. Get some and let us know how you like it, sip it while watching that scene from the movie if you want. (Wink)

Mate I think I will. There is a bar in town called the "Austrian Bar" where they serve Steins of Bavarian Lager - fantastic nearly 2 pints in every serving. I think next time I am there I will try a Schnapps too - and do my best Major Von Halpen impression.....

What is all this sip stuff by the way? And moderation? As Bubba says "Everything in excess, with occasional moderation" or something like that!! In the UK you would be called a "Girls Blouse" or a "Wuss" for that sort of behaviour....KIDDING MATEBig Grin

Living the dream over here in Blighty
06-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Mate I think I will. There is a bar in town called the "Austrian Bar" where they serve Steins of Bavarian Lager - fantastic nearly 2 pints in every serving. I think next time I am there I will try a Schnapps too - and do my best Major Von Halpen impression.....

Big Grin Funny an Austrian Bar selling Bavarian Beer ,,,, this are different Country´s

I know that the english love the German Christmas Market a lot (one Reason is you can Drink in a Public area Gluehwein :-)

well maybe off topic too but one thing is very different to Canada and the States here ... you can buy Alcohol in every Market and Gas stations too

It´s no Problem buying a Beer sit in Park and enjoy your Drink smoke a Smoke as long you don´t behave like an Idiot nobody say something Cool
06-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:Funny an Austrian Bar selling Bavarian Beer ,,,, this are different Country´s

Ooops Sorry. I knew my Geography "O" Level would come in handy one day.......er trouble is.... this wasn`t the day.Sad

Well whatever it is they are selling it tastes good.......Tongue

06-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Ooops Sorry. I knew my Geography "O" Level would come in handy one day.......er trouble is.... this wasn`t the day.Sad

Big Grin well their are neighbors ,speaking the same language (with dialect )
This year I visit Vienna : a wonderful town

[/quote]

cheers :-P
06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
(06-17-2011 12:17 PM)zeituhr Wrote:  Ooops Sorry. I knew my Geography "O" Level would come in handy one day.......er trouble is.... this wasn`t the day.Sad

Big Grin well their are neighbors ,speaking the same language (with dialect )
This year I visit Vienna : a wonderful town

cheers :-P

And don't forget the annexation of Austria into Germany from 1938 to 1945, and they went quite willingly I hear...

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
]

And don't forget the annexation of Austria into Germany from 1938 to 1945, and they went quite willingly I hear...
[/quote]

Don´t mention the War Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk
06-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I think Rey did, but he got away with it! John Cleese

Vienna - Lovely place - I visited the Hotel Sacha and had Foi Gras at about £15 a pop back in 1984, (that was just for starters) and of course the Sacha Torte.

I was hanging out with the Boss of Patria Paper (not sure it still exists?) but he was introduced as Herr Doctor Director - clever bloke and also a musician in the Vienna Orchestra (even more clever bloke!)

06-17-2011, 03:06 PM
(06-16-2011 11:45 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  What sick fornicator invented peppermint schnapps?! No herds of cats/gerbils, bodies of water, naked poker-playin' ducks or geese-infested submarines, just overwhelming regret in choosing to imbibe in said liqueur. Two days of my life I’ll never get back due to the after-effects of such a foul liquid.
Burma.girl, I think you and I shared an evening at some point.

I cannot, for the life of me, come into within a quarter mile of the stuff without my belly lurching. One evening during Oktoberfest many many years ago totally and irrevocably turned me off the stuff.

There are - and I swear this is true - some brands of toothpaste I cannot stomach any more because their scent and flavour are just too close to that vile, evil concoction.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain