Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Schnapps
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
RE: Schnapps
(06-17-2011 10:50 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  What is all this sip stuff by the way? And moderation? As Bubba says "Everything in excess, with occasional moderation" or something like that!! In the UK you would be called a "Girls Blouse" or a "Wuss" for that sort of behaviour....KIDDING MATEBig Grin

(06-17-2011 03:06 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  I cannot, for the life of me, come into within a quarter mile of the stuff without my belly lurching. One evening during Oktoberfest many many years ago totally and irrevocably turned me off the stuff.

There are - and I swear this is true - some brands of toothpaste I cannot stomach any more because their scent and flavour are just too close to that vile, evil concoction.

And that, NWo, is why you have to sip it slowly, Girls Blouse Wuss or whatever be damned, you are talking about a potential vile evil concoction here. Be very cautious.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2011, 04:35 AM
OK Rey - I must admit all the comments about it have seriously put me off the idea - Who would have thought a National drink would get such a big thumbs down?

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2011, 06:52 AM
(06-18-2011 04:35 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  OK Rey - I must admit all the comments about it have seriously put me off the idea - Who would have thought a National drink would get such a big thumbs down?
Oh you misunderstand. The drink itself is fine. It's the act of overconsumption that leads to all sorts of nastiness.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
06-18-2011, 09:15 AM
(06-17-2011 06:22 AM)boomer Wrote:  Some of us forgot our meds last night bg.....thats all. For a REAL good time you should try Permafrost (made by the same folks who make Yukon Jack) or Rumble Mintz. Permafrost is a wonderful combination of cinammon and peppermint schnapps, when poured over ice will warm you all over. Too much - and you might wake up in a toilet. Rumble Mintz will erase all thought processes, and you may be found in a fetal position crying for your mommy whilst screaming in agony. Thats some bad ju there boys n girls.

I'd like to say its a bit like an evil tequila - only I dont know what tequila is really evil.....

One round of Jose Cuervo.....

We have some Permafrost up in the cupboard somewhere. Not bad if you don't over consume.
06-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Permafrost is great over ice - just not over say two of them or you'll pay fer it.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user