Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you had $50 bucks...???
06-19-2011, 08:58 PM
If you had $50 bucks...???
I was recently given a $50 Wine.com gift card for my 40th Birthday. Really excited to splurge a bit on something I wouldn't normally buy, but really could use some suggestions. We drink a lot of Red Zin, Shiraz, Cab-blends...usually in the $10-15 range per bottle.

So, I pose the question to my fellow BnB patrons...If you had $50 bucks to spend on a bottle of wine, what would you buy??

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2011, 09:24 PM
RE: If you had $50 bucks...???
If you had asked about single malt scotch, I could fire away at that, but wine you could go ANY direction with. I'd pick a good Pinot Noir or Merlot and escape the rigors of everyday life in the hot tub with my Missus. Since I am favorable to Oregon wines we picked out a nice $40 bottle of Pinot for Thanksgiving, but can't remember the vineyard exactly. I'd have to double check with Mrs B, but I suggest think carefully. I picked up an $80 bottle of single malt several years ago for $45 using a gift certificate like that, and I still have a few drams left of that one.

If I can find it I'll be happy to forward the vino name to you.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-20-2011, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2011 08:46 AM by NWoBHM.)
RE: If you had $50 bucks...???
If it was 50 quid, I would try for a Mouton Rothschild - although the last one I purchased back in `96 was about £70 - £100, but it was a stunning wine - and drank with bowed head on one knee...........Or maybe an Amarone Della Valpolicella - a BIG wine........

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user