Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doh!!! moments
06-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Wink Doh!!! moments
I thought this might be fun to share some moments that happen to most everyone. My most recent one was yesterday. I got home from riding my motorcycle around town, nothing intense or highly fatiguing mind you, and when I got home I forgot to take the key out of the bike and left it in the on position. Thankfully it was behind a locked gate. Well, I came out a few hours later to put the bike into the garage only to discover this. So I push the bike into the garage, hook the battery up to the charger and luckily this morning the battery was fully charged and the bike started back up. DOH!Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
RE: Doh!!! moments
Can I have your address... I mean, in case you should ever need rescuing or anything. =)

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Sometimes I leave the fuel valve open, but leaving the key in??? Luckily I cant do that with my Harley.....although I would feel so sorry for any rat who tried to take my bike. They would have to deal with my wife, and that thought scares the hair off my back!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, I can honestly say that this is a lesson well learned. I`m glad that my bike is EFI, I would hate having to constantly remember to shut off a fuel valve. I`m just glads that this lesson only cost me some electricity recharging the battery and nothing else. This was the first time I ever got out of the routine of yanking the key afterr I shut off the bike. I do know it will be the last...I doubt I will ever be that lucky twice.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Well, there are advantages and disadvantages to EFI. The problem with that EFI thing is if I want to perform an upgrade, like exhaust....I have to have it completely retuned. The advantages though probably outweigh the disadvantages but ask me that when I have to break out my checkbook. I dont know about the Hondas or the BMW's, but the Harley EFI has to be retuned pretty often.

But - I still would rather have EFI.

06-29-2011, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 08:06 PM by Mufasa.)
Boom - did you know that you can crank your scooter without the key?
(that's if you have the proximity key system)

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes....I do. GULP!

That key is really for the ignition lock and the fork lock....but I did see a guy crank his over once without his key faub. I am surprised more bikes arent stolen that way.

06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes....I do. GULP!

That key is really for the ignition lock and the fork lock....but I did see a guy crank his over once without his key faub. I am surprised more bikes arent stolen that way.

06-29-2011, 10:27 PM
One time I was working on the walls and cabinets in the kitchen over the stove. I spread an old blanket over the stove (it was an electric range), to keep the dust and debris off of it while sanding the wall. After a while I started to smell something burning, and I glanced down and saw smoke rising up from under the blanket. Somehow a knob under the blanket got turned on and a burner was going. Ahhh! I grabbed the blanket and ran outside with it.

Doh!

Luckily nothing had really caught yet and only scorched the blanket a little bit. Still, not very smart on my part, I should have turned off the circuit breaker for the stove first.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
06-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Why I shouldn't get dressed in the dark.....
At my previous job, I was at work a good 30 minutes before I noticed this:

Of course, I was soooo embarrassed that I had to show all my co-workers, take pics aaaaand post it on FB.

Silly grrrrrl.....

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!